Using an Amazon seller account to accept payments here

the_servicer

2[H]4U
Has anyone considered or recently practiced using Amazon to accept payments on this forum? I have had an active Amazon seller account for many years. I was wondering if that would help me to avoid using PayPal. While I don't have any major complaints about PayPal, sometimes I resent having to use it.

Would it be a smooth experience for buyers, like PayPal?

The Amazon web site describes the process. At first glance it doesn't seem all that bad, especially considering some of it might be already done for those of us who actively sell on Amazon.

Collect the information listed below before you start the registration process so you'll be ready to set up your account.

Have a U.S.-based phone number for our registration service to contact you.
Have a credit card (issued by a U.S.-based bank).
Have a checking account with a U.S.-based bank (you can set this up after registration).
Have your business taxpayer ID, EIN, or personal social security number available for the online tax document interview (you can set this up after registration).

To be clear: I am not talking about using Amazon product listings or the Amazon retail site to sell here. I am only talking about using the Amazon payment service to accept payments in transactions that occur on the forum.

Back