Using A Theremin To Beat Rockband

That's one hell of a Valve fan. Playing the theme song from Portal with a Theremin while wearing the HL2 shirt that came in the Special Edition versions back in 2004...

That was really cool.

<insert condescending comment to keep me from looking too nerdy on a tech forum here>

awesome, lol. Just when I thought I had seen enough sporadic arm flailing from people play with a Wii we get this.

if the guy is nerdy for doing it, am i nerdy for watching it all :)

i really want a theremin, badly, very cool instrument IMO, awesome playing the Portal theme song with it

Hey, even Stephen Hawking could play it this way.

(I'm going to hell, straight to hell. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200).

If you people had actually played through the game Portal, you wouldn't be insulting this, lol. :)

The theremin itself sounds extremely similar to the robotic tone of voice of the A.I. computer character in Portal. That's why it's done that way.

Obviously it sounds like crap if you're expecting a professionally mixed musical recording, but that's not the point of this.

I thought what a nerd and then I noticed that I was wearing that exact same shirt :eek:

The fact that he's playing along with the Portal song raises the geekiness by a factor of 2. They should pan the camera out so we could see mom's basement too.

Very ingenious and intuitive use of a Theremin though! :)

If you people had actually played through the game Portal, you wouldn't be insulting this, lol. :)

The theremin itself sounds extremely similar to the robotic tone of voice of the A.I. computer character in Portal. That's why it's done that way.

Obviously it sounds like crap if you're expecting a professionally mixed musical recording, but that's not the point of this.

I beat the game before you did and it still sounds like shit.

I still have that HL2 shirt. I use it mainly to sleep now since the shirt shrunk. Now I wear a Persona 4 shirt to express my nerdiness.

Nice theremin action though.

Back