Using a Samsung 43" 4K TV as a monitor but having issues with displaying text correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BassDX

Limp Gawd
I just purchased a Samsung Q60 43" 4K TV to use as my primary display. Previously I was using another 43" 4K display (LG 43MU79-B) and had virtually no issues with using it as a monitor out of the box. I am replacing it with this Samsung since it recently got damaged in transit and I happen to really like it so far, but I am having several issues with displaying text correctly regardless of what settings I try. Even after calibrating cleartype, many of my applications have this issue with text color not appearing to be uniform. I am also getting horrible contrast on dark backgrounds making certain font colors (particularly red and blue) unreadable. If I look carefully enough, I can see the colors of the text change slightly as I move the window across the screen. This problem also af fects black on white text. A few screenshots are attached below.

The display is connected over HDMI running at 4K resolution @60Hz.

Thanks!

EDIT: I fixed the issue by enabling Full Dynamic Range in the NVIDIA Control Panel and THEN enabling General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus in tv settings. I would get a green screen if I attempted to do the latter without doing the former first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back