Using a Radeon Xpress motherboard & having lockups with your nVidia card?

Are you having any problems directly related to your nVidia graphics card?

• Total voters

sleepeeg3

Supreme [H]ardness
Seems like enough people are reporting this problem that it has to be more than some bias. Let's see if only specific cards/boards are affected and we can let the manufacturers know.

Post your...
Motherboard: (MSI RS480M-IL, ECS RS480-M, Jetway A210GDMS, etc.)
nVidia card: (6XXX GT, Ultra, XL, etc.)
Problem: (gameplay crashes w/card, BSODs pointing at nvdisp.dll or reboots while using the card)

no problems for now

Motherboard: ECS RS480-M
VidCard: BFG 6800GT OC PCI-e

although all the ECS rs480 owners are having trouble with a2ZS (sort of offtopic)

The only trouble I had with mine is installing windows when the card was in.

Motherboard: Jetway Pro
Video Card: eVGA 6600gt

With the eVGA in, installation of Windows would hang on "Setup is starting Windows". Once I took the card out and set the BIOS to "on board first" for display...Windows installed fine and then I was able to put the card back in and install the drivers. Works great.

Eh, that sounds like an XP issue. I've had the install hang due to a USB mouse.

Ya, I noticed the other complaint about the A2ZS, swatX. No probs with the Value though - another point for going cheap :D

No, it was a card and board issue. It was only hanging when the 6600gt was installed.

swatX said:
although all the ECS rs480 owners are having trouble with a2ZS (sort of offtopic)

Fixed by combination of:
A) Lowering overclock to merely 10% (220mhz HTT)
B) Latest Audigy 2zs drivers included in X-Fi download package (NOT X-Fi drivers, A2zs drivers the X-Fi package came with)

Seems like both are needed.
Tiny said:
No, it was a card and board issue. It was only hanging when the 6600gt was installed.
Remember that the latest NIC and Audio drivers are both going to be available directly from Realtek. And the latest south bridge driver, of course, from ULi. The 'stock' WinXP drivers for all of those....don't work very well.

Well I have

ECS RS480-M
Nvidia 6600GT and X800XL, got lockups with both.

Motherboard: MSI RS480M2-IL
Graphics card: HIS Radeon X800XL
Problem: when Cool 'n' quite is enabled I get loads of random BSODs when at the desktop (always graphics driver), under load not much of a problem, just every now and then the system freezes (I think this though is a thermal thing).

Well that sucks, but you are not using an nVidia card so why did you vote?

Mobo: ECS RS480-M
Problem: Random Lock-Ups and Reboots... also I get random lan cutoffs (loss of internet for 1 minute at a time.... its really annoying!

P.S. I HATE this motherboard!!!!!!!!!!!

Mobo: Jetway A210GDMS-Pro
Vid Card: 7800GT

Absolutely no problems, it's been rock stable...

Who has the msi rs480 and don't has any problem, can post the configuration and the setup of bios..for examble in advanced...

Motherboard: Jetway Pro
Video Card: eVGA 6800 ultra

no problems so far ,

although problem between SCSI and SATA , have yet to have this fixed. if not soon i am going to break something

Jen

PC-HAngover said:
Mobo: ECS RS480-M
Problem: Random Lock-Ups and Reboots... also I get random lan cutoffs (loss of internet for 1 minute at a time.... its really annoying!

P.S. I HATE this motherboard!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE IT TOO! Lets hate the motherboard together. I also HATE THE CRAP ECS SUPPORT! Stupid computer replied answers! Lets hate it together!

dderidex said:
Fixed by combination of:
B) Latest Audigy 2zs drivers included in X-Fi download package (NOT X-Fi drivers, A2zs drivers the X-Fi package came with)

Remember that the latest NIC and Audio drivers are both going to be available directly from Realtek. And the latest south bridge driver, of course, from ULi. The 'stock' WinXP drivers for all of those....don't work very well.

my a64 is @ stock speeds right now and i am running x64 xp

dderidex said:
Fixed by combination of:

hmm so you think updating my sound drivers to the latest package will fix the problems I am having?

MB: Jetway A210-Pro
VC: eVGA 6600GT (128MB)

I have used both of these at various clock speeds, and I am satisfied with both of them. I do have a couple of things that bug me about this setup though, however:

1. take the FSB over 255 and the video card won't show anything on post/boot, from the DVI (works fine from the VGA at any bus/clock speed).

2. after about 2 hours I get serious skipping in just about everything that I do, that would require some kind of effort on the part of my video card (movies and games for the most part). The skipping is at regular intervals (think 1 skip every other second), and it gets worse as time goes on. Everything apart from video works flawlessly for however long I leave the machine on; it's just video-related programs that stutter.

Never any blue-screens, never any lockups.

Well that definitely still sounds like more nVidia / Radeon Xpress related issues you are having. StoneNewt voted for you already, though. ;) Thanks for contributing and welcome to the forums.

I installed the 77.77 forceware driver of my 6600gt...and now i don't have any problem!!!try this way!!!

Well, last night I installed the X-Fi drivers for my Audigy 2 ZS.. you have to do it manually. And so far so good, and my creative 7.1s sound MUCH better. Better Drivers = mmm.

PC-HAngover said:
Well, last night I installed the X-Fi drivers for my Audigy 2 ZS.. you have to do it manually. And so far so good, and my creative 7.1s sound MUCH better. Better Drivers = mmm.

link?

swatX said:
Just download the latest X-Fi drivers from Creative's site.

Extract them where you download them - should create a folder something like "SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_07_0003". In it is a "Drivers" sub-folder and a "setup.exe" there. You need to run THAT one, not the one in the main folder.

Anyway, run it, first selecting the uninstall your current drivers. Reboot. Run it again, and install the drivers.

This gets you JUST the drivers only. Since I had done this on a "clean" install of Creative's stuff, I then fished out my Audigy 2zs "driver CD" and did a custom install from that - checked everything except "Windows Drivers" (since I had just installed them).

After that, just go to Creative's site and check for any more software updates, and you are good to go!

dderidex said:
Just download the latest X-Fi drivers from Creative's site.

Extract them where you download them - should create a folder something like "SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_07_0003". In it is a "Drivers" sub-folder and a "setup.exe" there. You need to run THAT one, not the one in the main folder.

Anyway, run it, first selecting the uninstall your current drivers. Reboot. Run it again, and install the drivers.

This gets you JUST the drivers only. Since I had done this on a "clean" install of Creative's stuff, I then fished out my Audigy 2zs "driver CD" and did a custom install from that - checked everything except "Windows Drivers" (since I had just installed them).

After that, just go to Creative's site and check for any more software updates, and you are good to go!

Yep, exactly the same thing I did. Except after its all done and over with install Openalweax.exe to allow dynamic updating or something, i got this tip from a different forum.

Here is a link to that file:

http://developer.creative.com/articles/article.asp?cat=1&sbcat=31&top=38&aid=46

Back