Using a mouse and keyboard setup for Xbox One/PS4

xBanzai89

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone here have a mouse and keyboard for their console? If so what device are you using to accomplish this and what is your opinion on how well it works verse being on a PC? I am awful with controllers for FPS games, so I l want to switch to a keyboard and mouse setup for consoles. Really only considering this as I have friends on consoles that are not on PC. I know there is Xim4, titan one, and cronusmax. Looking to get feedback here from members as to which one is worth actually getting.

I've only used a Xim3 with xbox360. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. it was VERY easy to program and VERY easy to use with on the fly profile switching. One of my friends tried another key/mouse adapter (can't remember what it was) and when he saw my Xim3 he switched to it.

Maybe for this current gen of consoles (I don't own anymore consoles) other companies have caught up to Xim. But if I was going to buy a console, I would immediately pick up a Xim for it.

Everything I read thus far on the web pointed towards the Xim4, I will likely go for this one. It is currently out of stock, but should be back in soon. I am guessing everyone here has hooked up their console to their computer monitor? I am kinda curious to see how it looks hooked up to my 27 inch.

Just a warning about ps4.

I don't know if there are any other devices out there that can but the XIM 4 cannot emulate the ps4 touchpad and locks out the use of the touchpad when using xim4 while also creating odd buggy inputs to it randomly.
They can't seem to fix it and have supposedly been working on it since release but im doubting it's ever going to happen on xim4. For example KZ shadowfall single player is still unplayable with xim4 because the owl menu constantly flickers and cannot be used. I imagine many future games will be unplayable due to this problem on ps4 as well.

Nope, I had my 360 hooked up to my 50" plasma. As much I as am a PC gamer, I have to admit, I did like sitting on my couch to play with my friends.

Everything I read thus far on the web pointed towards the Xim4, I will likely go for this one. It is currently out of stock, but should be back in soon. I am guessing everyone here has hooked up their console to their computer monitor? I am kinda curious to see how it looks hooked up to my 27 inch.

I swap between a PC monitor and my couch. Just use a laptop tray for the keyboard and mouse, works great.

I have a XIM 4, and it works pretty well. It takes some getting used to, and it will never be exactly like gaming on a pc.

However, if you cant use a controller to save your life, the XIM is a great solution.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I am waiting for the Xim4 to get restocked so I can get my hands on it.

Stay on PC... don't fucking cheat on consoles to get an edge.

99% of my game play on Consoles does not involve PvP.

Looks like the XBOne will be the one to get for KB/M if this is accurate...

http://www.winbeta.org/news/mouse-a...ent-far-away-according-xbox-head-phil-spencer

Play with either gamepad or keyboard and mouse? This could be a boon to an otherwise underwhelming console. Next step, make XBOne stream games from your PC? That's win.

From what I gathered about that, its not that you could use the mouse in an Xbox One game, but that you could use the mouse to stream your pc games to your xbox one.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/623516307137269760

In the tweets someone asks about PC - Xbox One streaming, and he says that he likes that idea. Someone else says that for that to work, they would need KB/M support. And phil says that it could work.

Looks like the XBOne will be the one to get for KB/M if this is accurate...

Past consoles have had native USB keyboard and mouse support, but games almost never accept input from them. Don't look at that comment as a sign you'll get to use a mouse in the next Halo or CoD.

Past consoles have had native USB keyboard and mouse support, but games almost never accept input from them. Don't look at that comment as a sign you'll get to use a mouse in the next Halo or CoD.

I'm not, trust me. KB/M is inconvenient as fuck for playing on a couch, where the overwhelming majority of XB1s will be played at. And unlike many people on [H] I have no problems using a controller. If anything, the more I use one the more proficient I get at it. Handy with friends, the overwhelming majority of whom are console gaming peasants.

Still, PC>XB1 streaming might sway me to get one over a PS4, considering the dearth of good exclusives on both. But it's an XBOX HUEG "might." To put it in culinary terms, PS4 looks like a really good T-bone or porterhouse. XB1 looks like ground chuck or cube steak in comparison. The streaming capability might bump it up to sirloin, but the jury's out on that.

Back