Using a 23" apple cinema display w/ ADC on a PC

Korgun

Supreme [H]ardness
A coworker quit and I have my eye on his monitor (his position isn't being replaced), but he was a mac guy and I'm a pc guy and his display has an ADC connector which also carries power and USB info. I don't really care for the USB, but I don't think DVI can power a 23" screen.

I found an ADC -> DVI adapter, but even with this adaptor.... can a PC power a 23" screen?

I have the 23 inch screen with the offical apple adc to dvi adapter on my computer right now. Screen works fine but the power button does not work under windows. The usb ports don't really work either. Also it really helps to have an nvidia card. I've had issues with mine running on ati cards for some reason. When I bought it people had said nvidia was the way to go on it as well.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/winacd/
This site has a 3rd party driver for it which on mine lets me change the brightness but the power button still doesn't work. Some revisions of the screen the power button can be setup with using this software. It also is suspose to make the usb ports work but I've never tried with mine. I guess I can if you want. For me I just have windows use energy star to turn the screen off after a little while.

O yea the link you gave will not work. That is for apple machines that have an adc on them. You need the one that has a power supply that goes the other way.

Back