Users are Unable to Block Mark Zuckerberg

monkeymagick

[H]News
According to this report, Mark Zuckerberg's profile cannot be blocked and you will be able to see his all his precious life updates. Apparently there is a quirk in how Facebook blocks users when there are multiple requests to block said user in a "short time." Also, Zuckerberg's wife, Priscilla Chan's profile is having the same issue. His site his rules right?

"This error isn't specific to any one account,' a Facebook spokesperson told Mashable at the time, echoing what Facebook said this week. "It's generated when a person has been blocked a certain large number of times. In very rare instances, a viral campaign will develop instructing lots of people to all wrongly block the same person."

I rarely use FB. I actually despise it. However, occasionally I will hop on to chat with someone I know. Yesterday I log on - it informs me I'm blocked from tagging in pictures do to abuse. WTF? I hadn't logged in to FB in probably a month. No clue why it arbitrarily blocked me. You want to guess how many people I have tagged in my life? None.

I rarely use FB. I actually despise it. However, occasionally I will hop on to chat with someone I know. Yesterday I log on - it informs me I'm blocked from tagging in pictures do to abuse. WTF? I hadn't logged in to FB in probably a month. No clue why it arbitrarily blocked me. You want to guess how many people I have tagged in my life? None.

They're algorithms are so advanced they detected your despise-ation and took action to protect you from yourself.

th.jpg

You haven't done that... yet. You would have. They prevented it.

So much hate for no reason. First of all the article is wrong. Second, why the hate. This guy take your lunch money or something.

So much hate for no reason. First of all the article is wrong. Second, why the hate. This guy take your lunch money or something.

He fails the white supremacy litmus test:
1 - He has failed repeatedly to worship the appropriate politicians on command. Especially politicians that are just standing in for Jesus while Jesus gets ready for the end of days.
2 - He married a woman who is "not American" (read it right here on this site). Of course "not American" means actually American, but not white.
3 - He is of Jewish decent.

1 - He has failed repeatedly to worship the appropriate politicians on command. Especially politicians that are just standing in for Jesus while Jesus gets ready for the end of days.
2 - He married a woman who is "not American" (read it right here on this site). Of course "not American" means actually American, but not white.

That's ridiculous. There is no reason to assign "white supremacy" as a cause for dislike and distrust of Facebook. It does enough to cause the average person of any color to dislike and distrust it on its own.

Or, you know, he's just an asshole.

Yeah that seems about right.

Shouldn't you be over an Anandtech with your liberal friends? I'm sure you can go echo chamber over there about Trump and the environment instead of wasting my time assigning racism to everything you disagree with.

Pretty sure Twisted Kidney was being tongue-and-cheek with their original message.

Also, if they were being serious (definitely not saying that they were), telling someone to go somewhere else because of belief disagreements just creates another echo chamber of your own beliefs, which is just as bad.

I look at Facebook about the same as I do religion: Never participated, can never imagine a scenario where I would participate. Sit back and watch all the drama from the sidelines and enjoy that it doesn't really concern me. I did kinda like that Facebook movie they made a while back, if Zuckerberg is as big of a jerk as they made him out to be in the movie, no way would I block that guy.

Pretty sure Twisted Kidney was being tongue-and-cheek with their original message.

Also, if they were being serious (definitely not saying that they were), telling someone to go somewhere else because of belief disagreements just creates another echo chamber of your own beliefs, which is just as bad.

Unfortunately, this appears to be the way thing are being taught in many of the colleges these days. Having 'safe rooms' to go to so you don't have to hear any opinion other than your own kind of defeats one of the major benefits of going to college.

Unfortunately, this appears to be the way thing are being taught in many of the colleges these days. Having 'safe rooms' to go to so you don't have to hear any opinion other than your own kind of defeats one of the major benefits of going to college.
Even Obama was against safe spaces in higher education. Safe from speech that is.

Good troll! This is probably one the most innacurate things I've read on these forums in 17 years.

Here is why you might distrust Facebook:

From Time Magazine 2010 Person Of The Year

On the afternoon of Nov. 16, 2010, Mark Zuckerberg was leading a meeting in the Aquarium, one of Facebook's conference rooms, so named because it's in the middle of a huge work space and has glass walls on three sides so everybody can see in. Conference rooms are a big deal at Facebook because they're the only places anybody has any privacy at all, even the bare minimum of privacy the Aquarium gets you.

The door opened, and a distinguished-looking gray-haired man burst in — it's the only way to describe his entrance — trailed by a couple of deputies. He was both the oldest person in the room by 20 years and the only one wearing a suit. He was in the building, he explained with the delighted air of a man about to secure ironclad bragging rights forever, and he just had to stop in and introduce himself to Zuckerberg: Robert Mueller, director of the FBI, pleased to meet you.

They shook hands and chatted about nothing for a couple of minutes, and then Mueller left. There was a giddy silence while everybody just looked at one another as if to say, What the hell just happened?

They never do answer the question about why the HEAD of the FBI just casually came into Facebook headquarters to say high. Why was the head of the FBI inside the offices of the largest social media company?

I just don't like the guy. What's wrong with that? Some people you just don't like for whatever reason. The guy isn't a saint, it's some genius or anything. A lot of people dislike the guy.

I don't like a lot of arrogant assholes. Zuck is just one of them. Doesn't affect me personally, and I really don't give a shit. But, if I can comment on his bitch ass, I will.

Oh, I get it. You think the people on this forum are racist right wing white supremacists.

doc-holiday-i-hate-him.jpg

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Here is why you might distrust Facebook:

From Time Magazine 2010 Person Of The Year

They never do answer the question about why the HEAD of the FBI just casually came into Facebook headquarters to say high. Why was the head of the FBI inside the offices of the largest social media company?
The FBI looks into social networks. Are you ignorant enough to think they don't? Every large company within the web space has probably had the FBI in the building.
Also what proof of anything are you providing?

I guess I don't get why you'd block someone that you don't know and who doesn't know you. If you don't follow him, you're probably not going to see his posts. At most, I occasionally see that he liked some post that I'd see anyway.

The FBI looks into social networks. Are you ignorant enough to think they don't? Every large company within the web space has probably had the FBI in the building.
Also what proof of anything are you providing?

That Mueller guy, always the dedicated man, doing the job himself. I'm sure I'm one of the very few and ignorant on here to find it surprising the head of the FBI would just waltz in unannounced. It would kind of be a big deal at my company at least.

That Mueller guy, always the dedicated man, doing the job himself. I'm sure I'm one of the very few and ignorant on here to find it surprising the head of the FBI would just waltz in unannounced. It would kind of be a big deal at my company at least.
So do you have evidence of anything other than you not knowing who the CEO talks to.

I guess I don't get why you'd block someone that you don't know and who doesn't know you. If you don't follow him, you're probably not going to see his posts. At most, I occasionally see that he liked some post that I'd see anyway.

This is an easy answer.

I saw someone post this advice, and I'm sure it's legit. You need to block Zuckerberg, then post "I do not allow Facebook to access my personal data or share my information.". Then, that makes it so they can't do that stuff. That advice has been shared millions of times, so you know it's good advice.

Guess you're just new to the whole internet thing. ;)

Back