Useful programs for Techs, need suggestions, making CD for work

deadoralive

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

I'm putting together a CD for work with all the nifty lil' programs us techs need to fix various computer problems. List off your most useful programs for fixing various software issues, and hardware troubleshooters.

Let me have them, it would be nice to have a CD full of stuff, I get tired of redownloading all the same stuff at various customer sites.

ad aware se makes many problems dissappear.

a veritable ton of drivers for anything made since the cd-rom drive was invented will also be useful.

I carry a CD around with the following.

Ad Aware SE
Spybot 1.3
Hijack This
CoolWebShredder
Norton Antivirus definitions
Winsock IP Repair utility
Beagle, Blaster, Sasser and other popular self running virus removal tools from Symantec
NAV Corporate Client Installer
Home copy of NAV2k3 *its licenced, so shut up*
Win 98SE Bootdisk creator executable
Popular NIC drivers *Our company sells 3Com nics so I always keep it handy*

With that disk alone, it makes my onsite dispatches MUCH easier and saves alot of hassle.

switch adaware 6 to adaware se.

also if you do not have a portalsearching spyware uninstaller on there, the thing mimics sasser but is not... i have a prog that will get rid of it.

here is the link. scroll down to the first link, it will be an *.exe. burn it onto your cd.

i've never used hijack this, i've heard about it though, can i get a link? is the exe noadware.exe? cause that's what i came up with.

also a few *.txt's about popups and the like, and how you really shouldn't click on them and such.

It amazes me how much money spent and time wasted by just removing spyware. Like, where have the real computer problems gone?

A second for Bart's. It is a must have for ANY PC technician.

Taylor Bart's to use any number of utilities.

Windows has their own PE and they absolutely HATE Bart's, but his is much, much better. Had a MS guy working with us on our SMS environment last week. Went on and on about how it's illegal and Bart's been warned. Wanted to slap the dude. What a whiny little bitch. Anyway, get the Bart boot disk.

Z3Px said:
It amazes me how much money spent and time wasted by just removing spyware. Like, where have the real computer problems gone?

i know seems like half my calls are spyware or virus problems if not more.... the others are just people being stupid. hardly any hardware issues lately.

deadoralive said:
i know seems like half my calls are spyware or virus problems if not more.... the others are just people being stupid. hardly any hardware issues lately.

Ditto, ditto and ditto again. Maybe I wouldn't mind as much if I was getting paid $15 an hour.

I hate entry level IT shit :(

Back