Used R9 290 and R9 290x's on Amazon Warehouse Deals starting at $311.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&field-keywords=r9+290x,+R9+290

Seen some MSI OEM cooler R9 290's for as low as $311 and a Gigabyte aftermarket cooler R9 290x for $377. These are used cards from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Some manufacturers go by the receipt and some go by the date it was manufactured on the label for warranty work. Plenty of other cards mixed in at various price points. I'll let you'll discuss the merits and pitfalls of the deal especially the warranty from each manufacturer.

Let me reiterate that these are USED cards!

:)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I recently had some good experiences w/ the amazon warehouse used cards and I'm most likely going to visit the site for some of my future purchases. Not trying to thread crap or anything but my latest purchase was a used asus gtx770 for $280 "like new" condition and it definitely was like new! It had all the accessories and packaging, just a few specks of dust on the fans and it's been working great. I say give amazon warehouse a try!

What is the return policy on these? A 290 for $300'ish or a 290x for $380 sounds like a huge upgrade over my 6850/6870 xfire combo.

Just remeber that these used cards probably came from coin miner rigs. As such have probably been runing 24/7 in terrible conditions. YMMV. They gotta dump those cards and buy asic miners.

Well I think that Amazon only allows you to return something within the first 30 days. So I would think that these wouldn't be cards that were mined for a long period of time. But then again I'm not 100% sure about that statement, so it's best to call Amazon and ask what their return policy is.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...F8&nodeId=201331410&qid=1399248979&sr=8-1-acs

Look on the left under the header "Quick Solutions" Click "Contact Us" and use the phone option. Someone from Amazon will call your home phone so you can find out what the return policy is or ask any other question about a product.

I think the biggest question is which of the manufacturers does warranty by the serial number date and which warranty is by receipt. If a company does it by serial number label date then I'd assume that you'd have the 3 year warranty or whatever it is from that date like EVGA does for example.

Anyway, just thought the prices were pretty good. Hope that I helped someone find a deal. :)

Only mined 24/7 for 8 months!

Guaranteed to work for 12hrs under normal conditions before exploding.

Amazon only has a 30 day return policy. So no one can possibly mine for 8 months and return them. It's just an assumption that people mined and returned them with no facts behind it. I have bought bunch of stuff from amazon warehouse and it's always been as described and worked flawlessly. We can tell ourselves anything if wanna find a reason to avoid a purchase, in this case it's mining. Although I would say my comment only refers to the item sold and shipped my amazon itself from warehouse deals and not 3rd party. 3rd party could very well be mining cards.

Last edited:
Slightly related: I was wanting a cheap low profile X1 video card, so bought from Amazon Warehouse. I instead received three of the X1 cards I ordered, no low profile brackets, and roughly 12 sets of manuals and driver CDs. The one card I'm using works, have yet to bother testing the other two.

LOL, that's crazy! Were they all in the same box, three different shipments, or what?

All in one overly large box. I didn't think anything of the size of the box, as this happens sometimes with my Amazon purchases. The cards were loose and came in resealable anti-static bags. The bundle of manuals and driver CDs were plastic wrapped in one giant bundle.

I have had pretty good luck with Amaozn warehouse deals when I have purchased EVGA GPUs and I still get a three year warrenty as they are serial # based.

Actually if you think about it, it's a good deal. Lets say it was mined for all it's life. These cards are meant to take quite a bit of punishment. You can get at least a year or two of good usage.

If it does blow up, then I think the manufacturer still covers the warranty right?

so is it reasonable to assume you have to buy the products fulfilled by amazon or else how do you know this stuff was returned to Amazon after less than 30 days of use and not one of these third party sellers getting rid of stuff? I see plenty of devices sold by them as like new...also mining isn't the only thing one can do to a card to shorten its life and usability considerably

12 HOURS PRIME95 STABLE?

HOW ABOUT 4000 HOURS CGMINER STABLE BITCH!

Those poor poor cards. :( If they're still going after all that torment though maybe they're good to go?

Or maybe they'll soon go for good. :p

I have been mining with my 6950s nonstop for for a few years. The card is either going to work or not work i dont believe mining has any effect on the cards lifespan. I want to pick up 2 of these and put them on water.

People are complaining about mining 24/7 on the cards but what about people folding isn't this pretty much the same thing? Also if they are kept cool it shouldn't matter?

Also most cards have a warranty period and from the manufacture.

Is this a joke? The majority of those used cards are like 5% less than their new counterparts. Even more expensive if you find one with a MIR.

Is this a joke? The majority of those used cards are like 5% less than their new counterparts. Even more expensive if you find one with a MIR.

????????

MSRP for these is $399, where are you getting them brand new for what you're saying?

12 HOURS PRIME95 STABLE?

Those poor poor cards. :( If they're still going after all that torment though maybe they're good to go?

Or maybe they'll soon go for good. :p

Exactly. a card that CGMiner stable is a SOLID card. I have some 5830's and 5870s that i used for bitcoin mining when it first started. Now they are scrypt mining and still rock solid when i occasionally game on them.

I bought 2x 290 reference cards + 2x gellid icy visions 2 from a miner that he used for 3-4 months. Rock solid cards, he sold them to me at 280 a pop with all original boxes and reference coolers included, and threw in a rosewill tachyon 1k psu for only $40 more. I could not be any more hapier with such deal, also i got to come by and run whatever test i desired on them to make sure im not getting lemons.

The chips themselves have a pretty long shelf life, its the components around them. Those MSI ones are probably refurbs from MSI anyway so you should be good with the Amazon Warehouse and TegraTech buys.

12 HOURS PRIME95 STABLE?

tumblr_m9fp7bVfJ11qk72exo1_500.gif

If you're really worried you can buy a SquareTrade warranty for ~$50 for a 3 year warranty. I think it works for Amazon Warehouse items.

There is a Sapphire 290X for $373 on the website with a 1/4" scratch. I believe that Sapphire's warranty is by receipt though. If you buy the SquareTrade warranty it's still less than $425 and you have 30 days to return it if you don't like the product. Those MSI 290's are looking tasty at $304 a piece also.

The new 290 I evaluated was $419 AR so I wouldn't personally take a chance on a refurb that costs more.

It's $429 now as the rebate went from $20 to $10 recently:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HPS4AFG

I was talking about a Sapphire 290X. Here is the Sapphire 290X open box on Amazon for $373. The open box MSI 290 on the Amazon page is $304. That would be comparable to your 290 from Amazon. If MSI does their warranty by manufacturer's date then you don't even need the SquareTrade warranty. But I'm unsure about that.

Last edited:
I followed my own advise two days ago and bought a Gigabyte 280x fulfilled by Amazon Warehouse, should be arriving today. we'll see how it goes.

The GB 280x are solid cards too and run quite cool :D And the warranty is serial based! Good luck and keep us appriased!

The GB 280x are solid cards too and run quite cool :D And the warranty is serial based! Good luck and keep us appriased!

Unless you are using them for mining. In witch case the GB are about one of the worst. Many of them need voltage tweaking out of the box to be mining stable at decent clocks. And voltage can only be changed through bios flash.

Unless you are using them for mining. In witch case the GB are about one of the worst. Many of them need voltage tweaking out of the box to be mining stable at decent clocks. And voltage can only be changed through bios flash.

Out of the box yes, they are not the best however I have many of these mining currently at 730kh/s all day and they undervolted very well on default core/mem speeds if you bios flash them. Would be better if it was unlocked voltage and being a three fan setup needs an open setup to keep airflow through them if there is more than one.

"Warehouse Deals" isn't Amazon, so keep that in mind if a company decides to be picky about only honoring warranty service to people who purchase from Authorized Resellers.

"Warehouse Deals" isn't Amazon, so keep that in mind if a company decides to be picky about only honoring warranty service to people who purchase from Authorized Resellers.

True but this is why you purchase serial number based cards such as EVGA and Gigabyte. :D

I'm not a big reference design cooler dude myself. Nice deals though!

<:- NVIDIA FANBOI :->

Beware "deals" like the one just posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&sr=8-2&keywords=sapphire+290x&condition=used

That Sapphire 290X just posted for $299.99 has a stock picture of a Sapphire 290 (non-X). If it was a reputable seller I might bite to see what happens, but who knows what this guy is scammin. From his other listings it seems he's selling a mining rig, so would rather test my luck on eBay or Craigslist

Back