Used GPU Market Crash of 2020

What are you willing to pay for a used 2080Ti?

• $500-600

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • $400-500

Votes: 39 18.6%
  • $300-400

Votes: 73 34.8%
  • $200-300

Votes: 76 36.2%

• Total voters
I don't care if my 2080ti is worth ZERO.....just fork over the 3080 & 3090 ASAP!

I'm tired of running 4k120 @ medium settings

Agree. Well, maybe not ZERO, but I bought a 2080ti a couple years ago knowing full well that it wasn't the best investment. I feel that 2 years of having the best GPU money can buy (barring the even more ludicrous RTX Titan) was worth the price. If the price of a huge leap in performance is that my resale value tanks, then so be it. I'd rather that than another mediocre improvement for lots more money like Turing. Overall, bringing the prices of the enthusiast cards DOWN is a good thing in the long run, even if I have to take a beating now.

Reactions: Auer
like this
I think it boils down to people feeling like no one should have something they can't. Be mature for a second just because its not in the range you are willing to pay doesn't mean it should be that way for everyone else. Someone will be willing to pay for what you decide is too expensive. Get over yourself, really not a big deal.

For everyone happy to buy a cheap 2080ti there is someone ready to upgrade to the next card and enjoy more experiences playing on something faster.

Wow, 1000 and 2000 series prices are going to take a beating!

Instead of spamming the FS threads with low ball offers. Let's post the going rate for GPUs here so traders can know what to expect.
The top end 2080Ti will set the market for the rest of the cards.

As someone who's still rocking his "backup" 750ti because of all the prices... I'm okay with this. Sucks for resellers though, but the market is what it is. Y'all have enjoyed increased prices especially due to COVID and what not, and eventually the market flows after it ebbs. Or whatever... :D (I probably have that backward).

As someone who's still rocking his "backup" 750ti because of all the prices... I'm okay with this. Sucks for resellers though, but the market is what it is. Y'all have enjoyed increased prices especially due to COVID and what not, and eventually the market flows after it ebbs. Or whatever... :D (I probably have that backward).
To this , I feel no pity towards resellers that purchased products the gamers weren't able to because they wanted to make a buck. If you bought and marked up I'm glad you feel the sting.

Agree. Well, maybe not ZERO, but I bought a 2080ti a couple years ago knowing full well that it wasn't the best investment. I feel that 2 years of having the best GPU money can buy (barring the even more ludicrous RTX Titan) was worth the price. If the price of a huge leap in performance is that my resale value tanks, then so be it. I'd rather that than another mediocre improvement for lots more money like Turing. Overall, bringing the prices of the enthusiast cards DOWN is a good thing in the long run, even if I have to take a beating now.

Your resale value tanked because it was “that price” for a NOT so huge leap in performance. 1080Ti was ~70% faster than a 980Ti for $50 more. 2080Ti was ~30% than a 1080Ti for +$500

To this , I feel no pity towards resellers that purchased products the gamers weren't able to because they wanted to make a buck. If you bought and marked up I'm glad you feel the sting.
It eventually had to end. I don’t feel pity but I don’t feel any ill will either. I have also benefited from COVID reselling. It is what it is. I’m just glad I can finally upgrade my old fart of a card. :)

Your resale value tanked because it was “that price” for a NOT so huge leap in performance. 1080Ti was ~70% faster than a 980Ti for $50 more. 2080Ti was ~30% than a 1080Ti for +$500

Uh, ok? I don't remember complaining about that. In point of fact I said that I'm glad we got a big jump in performance AND reduction in cost "unlike Turing".

38% $300-400
32% $200-300

So about $300-325

After the 3060 launch which I think will be $349 to battle AMD, the 2080Ti will hit $300 used and lower as time goes on.
The average responses from forum users is inline with that.

If I owned a 2080Ti I would sell now or keep it. At $300 it's better used in a second PC or backup card.
I'm keeping my 2060S or get a sub $300 Ti for a portable ITX rig to use in the living room and on road trips.

The 2080ti was very bad price to performance. I would of never bought one at what they sold for before the reveal. I know a lot of people are buying them right now to resell, I bought one to use it
Taco no longer is simply talking in 3rd person but also answering itself.

Evolution is a hell of a thing.

I saw that also, change is a hell of a thing

Agreed it's got 11gb vs 8gb.
Also, let's nt forget that turing was the firstborn to offer ray tracing and DLSS. Cutting bloody edge, mates!

True but HDMI 2.1 can be a big deal for those having compatible monitors.
Availability will also be a key consideration.... The 2080 ti would keep more value ( at least temporarily) if the 3070 is out of stock at MRSP.

I'll be hanging on to my 2080 Ti and moving it to my back up system. Not sure what I'm going to do with the 2070 Super I haven't had that long. I could put in my wife's PC which is running onboard graphics, but she doesn't game at all so that may be a waste.

I'm hyped for 30x0, but if the Cod Cold War beta sucks, warzone reskin sucks, Cyberpunk 2077 sucks, then I don't need to buy anything to play Serious Sam 4.

I can play SS4 for a week and be cool until next year.

Gaming can catch up to whatever RTX is supposed to be down the road bc right now it eats fps without giving me visual anything worthwhile.

I'm hyped for 30x0, but if the Cod Cold War beta sucks, warzone reskin sucks, Cyberpunk 2077 sucks, then I don't need to buy anything to play Serious Sam 4.

I can play SS4 for a week and be cool until next year.

Gaming can catch up to whatever RTX is supposed to be down the road bc right now it eats fps without giving me visual anything worthwhile.

I know what you mean with rtx. In theory it’s cool but until it does anything great I won’t use it due to the fps hit you take using it.

I know what you mean with rtx. In theory it’s cool but until it does anything great I won’t use it due to the fps hit you take using it.

I was hoping the black hole sections of a COD map would be different with RT on. Didn't work out that way in current games. More like scattered pin lights than natural diffused light.

One day RT will have to be on so games will look more like real life rather than a Whole Foods on the blinding side, and those pitch black night or subway parts of the Final Fantasy reboot as polar opposite.

I was hoping the black hole sections of a COD map would be different with RT on. Didn't work out that way in current games. More like scattered pin lights than natural diffused light.

One day RT will have to be on so games will look more like real life rather than a Whole Foods on the blinding side, and those pitch black night or subway parts of the Final Fantasy reboot as polar opposite.

When games need rtx to make a visual difference I’ll use it. Until then I’ll rock this 2080ti without it.

Budget builds or like in my house 5 PCs (myself and kids) so there is always a place for decently priced used gear.

With that being said I have a 2060 super and 2080 super that are just over a year old and they will just slide down the ranks whenever I decide to upgrade. Dad gets the best GPU for obvious reasons. ;)

Yep, the kids will get the a 1080 Ti and the other... Maybe in the HTPC? Sure, the Vega 8 has been fatalistic but now I can run any game with little problems.

Still seeing 699 to 1350(!) price points on used 2080ti cards on facebook marketplace and not too different on ebay. I think it’s funny that people are trying to sell used 2080 non ti cards sometimes over 700 as well, and maybe that actually works for some.

Just supply and demand. MSRP is pretty meaningless when there's zero stock, especially when it's on a product that a) isn't even released yet, and b) had been forecasted to have supply issues likely through the new year at least. I really doubt prices are going to change much over the next couple months at least.

Still seeing 699 to 1350(!) price points on used 2080ti cards on facebook marketplace and not too different on ebay. I think it’s funny that people are trying to sell used 2080 non ti cards sometimes over 700 as well, and maybe that actually works for some.

On eBay, most bids seem to stabilize at around $CAD 800... which translates into net earnings of less than $700 after eBay and Paypal fees.

Kijiji has been flooded with 2080 Ti and folks generally ask more than $CAD 1,000.... The number of offering keeps growing and do not observe much sales.

1080tis are 350 on evga b stock. So all the pieces are coming into play for 2080 tis to be much cheaper. For 350 still not worth it imho considering an extra 150 will get you 2080 ti performance.

1080tis are 350 on evga b stock. So all the pieces are coming into play for 2080 tis to be much cheaper. For 350 still not worth it imho considering an extra 150 will get you 2080 ti performance.

Exactly. And, more features plus you're getting a longer warranty. A month ago the 1080 Ti refurb for $350 would have been a solid buy, but now that we're closing in on Ampere, I don't think it's too enticing.

Here's the thing, though: in theory, you can get a 3080 for $700, but in reality, very few people who wanted one were able to get one for that price. I expect stock shortages into Q1 2021 at least. The BIN price for 11G 2080tis is $800+ right now on eBay, which seems right given the current situation, and 2080tis are still over MSRP on Amazon. If you wanted to buy the fastest card that you could today for under $1000, it would be a used 2080ti, as scalpers will get many of the 3080s and sell them for >$1k, non-scalpers won't be selling them until a 20G variant or 3090 comes out, and regular folks are very very unlikely to get a 3080 via normal means.

So, cool that people think a 2080ti is worth $3xx right now, but I highly doubt they'll come down to even $4xx within the next 12 months....we'll see how the 3070 launch goes.

Edit: looking at ebay completed + sold items, 2080tis seem to be going for ~$750-$900, with a very few that were listed in the $5xx range that got snapped up quickly.

Last edited:
why would anyone wait until the new cards are officially announced before selling their old cards?...you do it BEFORE the new models are released/announced, not after...I sold my base PS4 a few months before the PS4 Pro hit because I knew resale value would drop

I suppose that's an OK strategy if you don't mind playing on a backup card and constantly losing money buying/selling those as well, plus playing with a worse card during the in-between times and risking not being able to get the new card for a very long time.

Got $999.95 plus $27 in S&H yesterday selling my 2080 Ti FE on eBay...I think the low, low price fantasy is idiot sellers that thought they could snag their card of choice early. The 2080 Ti has a lot of users out there that aren't just gamers...

Got $999.95 plus $27 in S&H yesterday selling my 2080 Ti FE on eBay...I think the low, low price fantasy is idiot sellers that thought they could snag their card of choice early. The 2080 Ti has a lot of users out there that aren't just gamers...
Good sale, congrats, hope the buyer is decent. I honestly am beginning to think I sold my zotac too low locally at 725 though that is 850 ebay without the hassle of potential bad buyers. If nothing moves much in the Evga queues or my Dell order by next week, will just get an EVGA 2080 ti b stock during the mid week sale. After discounts will cost me the what I got for my Zotac with an actual warranty so there is something...may be they even drop prices 50/100 close to 3070 launch. The little 2060 has been fun but Watch Dogs and CP are coming, it will do the job but I'd want to max out my 38 UW for those titles.

It's just taking a little while longer, rtx 2080 supers are $460 directly from evga b stock so the 2080 tis turn is coming.

Good sale, congrats, hope the buyer is decent. I honestly am beginning to think I sold my zotac too low locally at 725 though that is 850 ebay without the hassle of potential bad buyers. If nothing moves much in the Evga queues or my Dell order by next week, will just get an EVGA 2080 ti b stock during the mid week sale. After discounts will cost me the what I got for my Zotac with an actual warranty so there is something...may be they even drop prices 50/100 close to 3070 launch. The little 2060 has been fun but Watch Dogs and CP are coming, it will do the job but I'd want to max out my 38 UW for those titles.
Thank you. He has over 1,500 feedback - so I'm hoping so. I always fully insure it and require signature at delivery, plus I have methods of encouraging people who are trying to do me wrong, do go back to doing right. :)

I think $725 isn't too bad. You're right - eBay is about $850 after everything. My FE was complete with box and receipt and I have a ton of feedback so that helps.
It's just taking a little while longer, rtx 2080 supers are $460 directly from evga b stock so the 2080 tis turn is coming.
Maybe. But the 3080 / 3090 blower design is also cramping the style of those that want to use 3+ cards - so there's still a market for non-gamers that want a big card!

Ampere with more vram will crater current used prices.

I'm in a holding pattern with a 2060.

Totally content to see what comes out of tsmc

It's just delayed. It's coming. When the 3070 is available in numbers it's not going to change the fact that a 2080Ti is worth $400 in the used market.
Hope so but Covid is still a huge unknown variable in the supply chain so may take longer than many anticipated.

It's just delayed. It's coming. When the 3070 is available in numbers it's not going to change the fact that a 2080Ti is worth $400 in the used market.

I'm not sure why that is even a question. That is how it has always been. In general, save for severe shortages, PC hardware devalues quickly.

I'm not sure why that is even a question. That is how it has always been. In general, save for severe shortages, PC hardware devalues quickly.
I agree. I just think that Turing in particular is devaluing (or will devalue as the case might be) quicker than past releases. Pascal, on the other hand, had much less of a devaluation mostly due to the drastic Turing price increases.

Good thing I sold my two 2080 Ti's on ebay today for $950 a piece.

Good thing I sold my two 2080 Ti's on ebay today for $950 a piece.

If I had one of those, I'd sell it now while the uncertainty of the Ampere stock is still looming. Because I just don't see people paying that kind of money once Ampere is readily available.

Back