Used cards selling for New prices?

To all the people selling their cards for high prices, be sure to report back in 6 months and tell us how your dealings with ebay and paypal go.

Enlighten me on this as I have never tried to deal with eBay as a seller..

Ebay/Paypal always sides with the buyers. They have 6 months to report something wrong with the sale, where they take their money back and leave you emptyhanded.

Currently, new GTX 1070s are $100 over msrp at launch. Used ones are $50-60 more than they cost 6 months ago used.
Yeah, for the most part prices have stayed consistent since launch or gone up. That's not the way technology prices are supposed to work.

Enlighten me on this as I have never tried to deal with eBay as a seller..

not as described returns = 30 days (used to be 45)

Ebay has a refund option set up so all you need do is click the RETURN ITEM link on your Ebay My Account page and wha-la, you get a FREE return label and a full refund + any original shipping, no questions asked and the Seller get's charged for the return label (and pays for the original label as well) This only applies if you list your item with a return window. Sell a gaming card and t's about $22 to ship x2 = your out $44 and no sale.

ebay does whatever they want to do - literally.
And so, I don't sell much on ebay anymore. I prefer to just mark the item what it would have sold for on ebay minus fees and shipping and post it on Craigslist - as they say, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

If you need the cash sell on CL, if the money (or loosing $40 on shipping if item gets returned) doesn't phase you, use ebay

Last edited:

Ebay has a refund option set up so all you need do is click the RETURN ITEM link on your Ebay My Account page and wha-la, you get a FREE return label and a full refund + any original shipping, no questions asked and the Seller get's charged for the return label (and pays for the original label as well) This only applies if you list your item with a return window. Sell a gaming card and t's about $22 to ship x2 = your out $44 and no sale.

And so, I don't sell on ebay anymore. I prefer to just mark the item what it would have sold for on ebay minus fees and shipping and post it on Craigslist - as they say, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

If you need the cash sell on CL, if the money (or loosing $40 on shipping if item gets returned) doesn't phase you, use ebay

Why not just forgo returns then?

What uhhh.... _|_... was talking about was if you accept returns. Most people DON'T. However Paypal also offers buyer's protection, which lasts for 180 days after the sale. If at any time the customer feels that the product "isn't what they paid for" they can open a claim and dispute the purchase. Used it in a mining rig and the card burnt out in 3 months? Paypal will most likely side with the buyer. Accidentally drop that iPhone you bought and cracked the screen? Tell PayPal it came that way and get your money back.

Hell, a lot of the time, Paypal won't even make them return the original item, or they'll send back an empty box. Now you're out your money AND the item.

So yeah, a lot of people avoid PayPal and ebay now.

Thing that gets me..

everyone is saying 'the miners bought all the cards'

yeah, no.

its AMD and NV's fault for not anticipating demand.

its not the fucking miners fault.

the companies made XX # of cards which they were prepared to sell, miners or no fucking miners.

they ended up selling faster than anticipated.

guess what????

dry supply.

1 + 1 = 2

but people dont realize this. they blame it ALL on the miners.

basic, basic, basic economics at play here people

Bitcoin mining on a whole lot of steroids.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/when-bitcoin-mining-gets-really-serious-lol.html

index.php

.....now we know where some of the graphic cards went.

Not a lot of folks have this many cards for gaming.....

Nuff said....

I sold my Sapphire Nitro+ RX480-8GB for 430$ at Ebay (3 weeks ago), and sold my MSI GTX1070 Founders Edition yesterday for 465$ - basically gone within 4 hours of listing.

Good thing is that the buyers that bought them have 200+ feedback so they are legit. Nevertheless with the shipping, and the 10% FVF, didn't really make any money on the cards ( I purchased the 480 for 290$ after taxes, and the 1070 for 490$ after shipping and taxes - the FE editions had a markup when they were released compared to the AIB). Nice to be able to get the price paid for these cards when they were bought new.

Here's some insanity on the part of Micro Center:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/463670/Radeon_Pro_Duo_8GB_HBM_PCIe_Video_Card

Pick IL - Chicagoland, Central then check out the price.

They now want $1,449.99 for a Radeon Pro Duo. It was $979 last week. I thought that was too high and was waiting for maybe the price to drop. Nope.
The last few new ones that sold on ebay went for about $1200.
They lost their minds.
IIRC, the MSRP of the Radeon Pro Duo was 1499.00 USD.

And so, I don't sell on ebay anymore. I prefer to just mark the item what it would have sold for on ebay minus fees and shipping and post it on Craigslist - as they say, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

I started putting NO RETURNS in almost everything I sell on ebay after some scumbag said I sent him old model, used product, that was in fact brand new factory sealed in the orignal boxes. He got a bullshit auto-reversal through PAYPAL and got several hundred out of me. I know people can get a little more action on auctions with better return policies but 15+ years of 100% positive usually takes care of that for me.

Hell, a lot of the time, Paypal won't even make them return the original item, or they'll send back an empty box. Now you're out your money AND the item.

Paypal's mediation is pretty much one sided for the buyer. They don't have to return anything and most of the time get 100% plus shipping reversed to their account. But any Ebayer that's been around the block learns it the hard way once and never again.

Unless I'm missing something, once you transfer the balance to your bank account, you can dispute any debit from your bank.

read the ebay and Paypal policies

I don't see anything that says I can't dispute a charge back through my own bank, through said bank...
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/resolve-disputes

I know in the past when I bought my Korean monitor, Discover as the example would take the claim if Paypal wouldn't resolve it. So its not like you're instantly screwed.

I'm thinking people being burned are not clearing their Paypal balance, and hence instant out of luck.

Back