Used cards selling for New prices?

I don't think you understand the rapid increase in demand. Producing more GPU's doesn't happen overnight.

Yeah AMD bumped up production massively in the last bubble and ended up with a ton of cards they couldn't sell due to bottomed out used pricing. Why would they or Nvidia want to make the same mistake.

To 1070 owners ... what would you do, sell it if offered $600 or use it to mine?
Sell it, easy decision. Not at $400-$500 though.

sell it, i wouldnt count on the prices maintaining long enough to make mining worth it. people mining doesnt matter if no one is buying, the coin will just keep dropping

That could not be further form the truth. It just doesn't drop like that. Value increases as more people hold on to the currency. Is bitcoin not with 2k plus right now? It takes time. Eth might be worth it at the end. Again everything is a risk, those who earned reward wouldn't have earned it in any business if they didn't risk anything. You know what I mean? You have your opinion and all power to it. No one is forcing you to mine, but to say everyone mining is not worth it, is far from truth.

To 1070 owners ... what would you do, sell it if offered $600 or use it to mine?

who is offering you $600? lol. I want to ask them how stupid they can possibly be. Jesus you can have 1070s for 399.99 straight from nvidia with a little bit of wait. They changed the limit to 2 per customer but they are not all that serious about ordering from different accounts. Newegg other hand is dead on strict. lol

I just sold one for $400 today. If I were offered 600, I'd sell it in a snap add $100 bucks and end up with a 1080 ti. Anyone offering 600 for a used 1070 is a bit crazy since new 1080 ti's are $700.

I just sold one for $400 today. If I were offered 600, I'd sell it in a snap add $100 bucks and end up with a 1080 ti. Anyone offering 600 for a used 1070 is a bit crazy since new 1080 ti's are $700.

You might think they're crazy, but they can make more money off a 1070 than they can a 1080Ti when mining.

Just because the card is faster at gaming/benchmarks doesn't mean it's also faster at mining. Weird, I know.

You might think they're crazy, but they can make more money off a 1070 than they can a 1080Ti when mining.

Just because the card is faster at gaming/benchmarks doesn't mean it's also faster at mining. Weird, I know.
Err, pretty sure a stock 1080 Ti mines at 33 Mhash/S for ethereum and the 1070 only mines at 28 Mhash/S at stock. So a 1080 Ti is acutally ~18% faster (33/28) than a 1070 at mining and only ~16% more expensive ($700/600). Not only is the mining performance/dollar is better on the 1080 Ti (assuming a $600 1070), it will hold more value later if it needs to be resold and is better for gaming.

I think you are thinking of the 1080 which is utter junk at mining. Mine only pulled ~19 Mhash/S at stock.

Ah you are correct. I was thinking of the vanilla 1080.

I was hoping to pick up a used 1080 for under $400 until this mining crap started up again. Makes me think back 5-6 years ago when the 7000 series AMD were hot cards for mining... ugh!

That could not be further form the truth. It just doesn't drop like that. Value increases as more people hold on to the currency. Is bitcoin not with 2k plus right now? It takes time. Eth might be worth it at the end. Again everything is a risk, those who earned reward wouldn't have earned it in any business if they didn't risk anything. You know what I mean? You have your opinion and all power to it. No one is forcing you to mine, but to say everyone mining is not worth it, is far from truth.
Odds are he can make more selling it for 600 than mining on it. These bubbles dont last and when the price goes down that 600 can buy three 1060's when the miners start selling their farms off. Nowhere did I say all mining isnt worth it, but this bubble is probably close to the top and it will take way longer to mine 600 worth of ethereum here soon i bet. It just seems like a better play at the moment.

On
Err, pretty sure a stock 1080 Ti mines at 33 Mhash/S for ethereum and the 1070 only mines at 28 Mhash/S at stock. So a 1080 Ti is acutally ~18% faster (33/28) than a 1070 at mining and only ~16% more expensive ($700/600). Not only is the mining performance/dollar is better on the 1080 Ti (assuming a $600 1070), it will hold more value later if it needs to be resold and is better for gaming.

I think you are thinking of the 1080 which is utter junk at mining. Mine only pulled ~19 Mhash/S at stock.

Only idiots will pay $600 for 1070 at that point you get a 1080ti and be good with it. I have no idea where the 1070s are going for $600. I simply don't believe. Only a person with no sense of math will do it and shouldn't be mining in the first place.

Odds are he can make more selling it for 600 than mining on it. These bubbles dont last and when the price goes down that 600 can buy three 1060's when the miners start selling their farms off. Nowhere did I say all mining isnt worth it, but this bubble is probably close to the top and it will take way longer to mine 600 worth of ethereum here soon i bet. It just seems like a better play at the moment.

Like I said no one will pay $600 for 1070. Simply unprofitable. And yes eth might be good for another 8 months. You don't know there are a lot of other coins you can mine. Gone are the days there were limited number of coins. As far as POS goes. It's just that a paper weight at this point. I think top guy at bitcoin said the same, show it working stop talking about it. They don't even have it tested and I don't think it's gonna be here for another year minimum.

If someone wants to pay $600 a pop for my 1070s they can shoot me a pm. I got a bunch until then I'll keep mining.

Meanwhile the local Microcenter by me jacked every 1070 up to $500-600, and they can't keep them in stock. It's ridiculous.

I was downright thrilled I got them to PM Best Buy's EVGA 1070 SC, but they gave me a 1070 FTW2 by mistake. $400 out the door.

Just got a 1080ti, where would you guys recommend selling a 1070? Amazon or Ebay?

Hmm now it seem that manufacturer are starting jack up there prices to by as much $50 there was a brunch RX 580 out today but all ready sold out now

I have a Zotac 1070 Amp extreme and I'd sell it for $600 in a heartbeat.
Good lucky with that maybe $425/450 which seem to be the avg ebay price as of right now it drop back down a bit anything more we may as well just get 1080 unlike with RX 580 and it avg ebay going price as of right now $450/500.

So what you guys are saying is, I should sell my 290 and my 1070 and I will get a 1080Ti out of it...

So what you guys are saying is, I should sell my 290 and my 1070 and I will get a 1080Ti out of it...
Yes. Sell now before the value drops out, or before someone figures out to optimize GDDR5X mining which would push up 1080ti pricing.

Can anyone price check or direct me to the proper forum where I can get my MSI 4gb GTX 980 card price checked.

To all the people selling their cards for high prices, be sure to report back in 6 months and tell us how your dealings with ebay and paypal go.

To all the people selling their cards for high prices, be sure to report back in 6 months and tell us how your dealings with ebay and paypal go.
I'm selling my card because I got out of computer gaming and into fabricating, so now I have this power build I use to surf the web.

I bought and sold cards during the last bubble and crash so I'm not overly concerned. It's a risk though, sure, so all you can do is cover yourself as best you can with pictures and records of everything.

Edit: I did buy my new card through a private forum though as I didn't want one that had been used for mining.

Last edited:
I wouldn't sell on eBay. I would rather offload then here and not have to deal with random buyers and eBay and PayPal shit. I would rather deal with respectable traders here

I've got a bit of concern, but the right steps were taken. Got positive feedback from the buyer, communicated a ton during the sale through ebay messages, listed everything used and as-is, took a few dozen pictures before shipping, etc. We shall see though.

anyone have a guess why used EVGA GTX 10 series cards selling on eBay are priced almost as high as New, often just $15 less than new? Also noticed that used card auctions are consistently almost out-pricing new cards ... surely so many buyers can't all be that foolish so what gives?
GTX 10 series cards have sold at or above MSRP since release. The price has not budged off even before the mining craze. I have been patiently waiting for the past 6 months and it looks like I'm going to be waiting even longer.

I wouldn't sell on eBay. I would rather offload then here and not have to deal with random buyers and eBay and PayPal shit. I would rather deal with respectable traders here

+1

The FS/FT forum here has been solid for me since I've registered here.

I was hoping to get a 1080 under $400 but this stupid mining crap started up again..

GTX 10 series cards have sold at or above MSRP since release. The price has not budged off even before the mining craze. I have been patiently waiting for the past 6 months and it looks like I'm going to be waiting even longer.

That's not at all true here, I sold a GTX 1070 for less 6 months ago than I bought one last week. Price has gone up on 1070s, which are the more popular card it seems from a MH/W perspective.

Depends on some of the cards/AIB pricing. While the GTX 1060 3Gb/6GB had been pretty consistent with MSRP (before the mining gold rush), the GTX 1070/1080 has seen some good sized drops in price -- I got my Zotac GTX 1070 Mini about a month ago for $320 (before using Newegg gift card), and it was going for around $390+ at MSRP (supposedly $379, but in reality it never really hit that, not even with Founder's Edition). GTX 1080 was going for around $600 as well -- now you see them hit as low as $449 on Newegg at times (for brand new cards).

Sold my GTX 1070 Mini for $320 here as well, and combined the money with some more Newegg gift cards I had lying around to buy an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition, then sold off the Destiny 2 code I got with the card. The end cost of the 1080 Ti for me was $220. Worked out quite nicely, I think.

That's not at all true here, I sold a GTX 1070 for less 6 months ago than I bought one last week. Price has gone up on 1070s, which are the more popular card it seems from a MH/W perspective.
I don't consider a drop of $20-30 that significant.

https://pcpartpicker.com/trends/price/video-card/#gpu.chipset.geforce-gtx-1070

These are very consistent prices with no significant drops. I'm specifically looking at 1070's but its the case with others as well.

1080 dropped a little exactly when 1080ti came out.

Thing that gets me..

everyone is saying 'the miners bought all the cards'

yeah, no.

its AMD and NV's fault for not anticipating demand.

its not the fucking miners fault.

the companies made XX # of cards which they were prepared to sell, miners or no fucking miners.

they ended up selling faster than anticipated.

guess what????

dry supply.

1 + 1 = 2

but people dont realize this. they blame it ALL on the miners.

basic, basic, basic economics at play here people

I don't agree. Take the miners out the the equation & you would have a supply of cards to buy at the prices they were a couple of months ago. Nothing would have changed.

Back