Used 32GB Surface RT $166 +FS @Cowboom

sugosugita

[H]ard|Gawd
Cowboom (AKA Best Buy) has the Surface RT 32GB tablet on sale for $166.

It is used.

Could be a good buy for a student or needy relative.

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1336193

They also have 'refurbished' units for $288. Not sure if that means a teenage geek squad member gave it a once-over.

UPDATE: DEAD DEAL

bummer dude.

Last edited:
OOPS! Your offer could not be found...
Click here to go back to the previous page.

The offer you're looking for has expired. But here are some other great offers you might enjoy!

Go to Newegg Now!
Newegg is offering 30+ software and download software deals this week. Your favorite software products are just a few clicks away.

Check out the great deals now!

Purchasing or Refinancing? Let us help!

Bills.com is a personal finance portal that empowers everyday consumers to make better financial decisions.

DAFUQ

I think it's dead. If you go to cowboom homepage it has the surface rt 32gb listed for 230 used, 290 refurb

Its Windows 8.1 RT, so app store. Office is installed, though.

Too bad Microsoft hasn't bothered to release a touch version of Office. I've seen someone trying to navigate the regular desktop Office on a Surface, was awkward to say the least.

Last edited:
Are there any of these kind of tablets out there that you can actually install whatever you want on? What's the closest/cheapest thing? I need something to play my VN's on.

Are there any of these kind of tablets out there that you can actually install whatever you want on? What's the closest/cheapest thing? I need something to play my VN's on.

Dell Venue Pro 8 or 11 has a Bay Trail x86 proc that you can install any x86 program on to.

Ebay Link is still Active they sold over 9K of them!!! Good way to saturate the Market (kind of like the old HP Touchpad Days) More saturation the more developers might want to develop for it to make the Surface 2 more successful with a better App Market...

200$ for a Tablet (With keyboard) is not a bad deal! The only issue is the Windows MarketPlace for RT based Apps once that booms the rest will follow.

Ebay Link is still Active they sold over 9K of them!!! Good way to saturate the Market (kind of like the old HP Touchpad Days) More saturation the more developers might want to develop for it to make the Surface 2 more successful with a better App Market...

200$ for a Tablet (With keyboard) is not a bad deal! The only issue is the Windows MarketPlace for RT based Apps once that booms the rest will follow.

I purchased one from this seller on Black Friday for my fiancee who is in a wheelchair and uses a mouth stick. She hasn't had any problems with it and they are recert via Microsux. Looked like it was brand new. They don't come with 8.1 though you have to update to 8.1 for free of course. They have to be fully charged to do any updates. Yes you are limited to what comes out in the App store but there are ways to hack the units and run your own OS on them. Just search around and you will see. I think XDA Developers is a good place if I remember right.

Oh yea and they come with a 1 year warranty just like a new one. With these being refurbed any bugs in the originals should have been fixed for the refurb and you have a basically new unit that carries the same warranty. Comes all packaged nicely in the same box you would get a new one in other then saying Refurb on it. So they are direct from Microsoft.

posted already

BAH Why doesn't multiquote actually work
Anyway several posts up #7 links to that seller.

They are also available for $169 shipped from the ebay seller manufacturer recertified: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windows-Sur...81303933838?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item2a368e7b8e

I purchased two from them and they work great. (Has a one year Microsoft warranty as well.)

Edit: It was $169 just a minute ago, now they changed it to $199. (Still worth it though.)

Annnddd they're gone.
I'm sure it will come back considering there were some 18k that sold for BF 2013. Then it was randomly put back up again yesterday for the same BF price.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm debating whether it would be worth getting the pro model with actual windows on it versus RT. Or does the RT now have an update that gives you actual Widnows 8?

I'm debating whether it would be worth getting the pro model with actual windows on it versus RT. Or does the RT now have an update that gives you actual Widnows 8?

It does not. the RT doesn't run on x86 processors so isn't able to run the full version of windows 8. 8.1 for the RT is still the RT version

Also seems the RT isn't able to swap to android or such (yet?) as nobody has broken the secureboot =(

Would have made for quite the android plaything.

Back