Use that $100 paypal gift code you got for $95 to buy this $100 gas card for $95

Make sure you have a BP or chevron gas station near where you live. Some of the guys over at slickdeals bought the cards not knowing they didn't even have those stations anywhere near them lol.

From my experience, both BP and Chevron are generally 10-20 cents higher than any other gas stations near them.

From my experience, both BP and Chevron are generally 10-20 cents higher than any other gas stations near them.

True but from my experience and I am gas mileage freak always trying the best. Chevron actually does give me some of be best mpg. Fill a tank with chevron I get more average from my personal experience.

In my experience chevron gas gives me better gas mileage and less knock, then other brand gas

People jump through hoops to save a few dollars. Not worth it to me but if it does to you then that's all that counts.

If you have money to be investing in 100 gas cards for 95, invest it. Buy something that pays good dividends like Verizon or oil and has a fairly certain future. I can't fault anyone for trying to save a few bucks but I'd rather invest than try to bank a thousand in gift cards to save 50 bucks.

From my understanding, much of the branding of gasoline is just that-- branding. Most of the gasoline available in many areas is the exact same from the same refinery. At least that's what I hear people in the industry tell me. I live in Louisiana where a lot of people work in the industry. I've known several people that work/worked at the Murphy refinery. I have no experience or expertise in the field myself.

That is true, but some additives are better than others and if you own a high performance car and want to keep knock to a bare minimum you usually find that a lot of stations or brands in your area should be avoided.

I have found shell and costco 93 to be very good and exxon to be avoided, you have to test your gas or monitor your car's engine to know, its definitely not something that is consistent across the country.

If you're just filling up your econobox with regular then it doesnt matter.

People jump through hoops to save a few dollars. Not worth it to me but if it does to you then that's all that counts.

I totally agree. It's not worth it (@ least for me) $5.00 in New England buy you a bagel & coffee @ Dunkin' Donuts.

If you have money to be investing in 100 gas cards for 95, invest it. Buy something that pays good dividends like Verizon or oil and has a fairly certain future. I can't fault anyone for trying to save a few bucks but I'd rather invest than try to bank a thousand in gift cards to save 50 bucks.

it's a guaranteed 5% savings on something you have to buy anyway. Of course, I've been rolling ebay gift cards for a month now and I've now paid $95 cash for $140 in ebay gc.

No one is suggesting you use this as an investment. Show me a financial product that guarantees 5% or greater return and I'll eat my shoe. Buy this if you buy BP gas regularly, otherwise, you're right it's probably not worth the trouble.

Back