Use SBX with Stereo direct or stereo?

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
I am wondering what people find works best here. I tried stereo direct with sbx enabled and think there is a bit of a delay there compared to stereo 2.0. Using stereo speakers. Going to try the new dongle whenever it comes out but for now....

I don't know the answer but Stereo Direct is same as "Disable all audio enhancements" box in Realtek onboard or "Hifi Mode" in ASUS Essence STX cards for example, what it means is it disables all kinds of processings so it's just a barebone plain stereo process in theory at least (I don't have access to source code for Creative drivers so) in order to get as "clean" signal as possible (bad explaining but you get idea).

As a headphone user that typically sets speaker setting to 5.1 for improved soundstaging/positional cues I've found that setting also interferes with whatever happens with the 5.1 channel mixing so it sounds similar to using 2.0 stereo speaker setting so personally I tend to not use that option for that specific reason but YMMV as usual.

Back