USB3.0 and Wireless Device Interference

Epos7

Gawd
I recently built my first computer with USB3.0 ports.

I'm finding that Bluetooth connections are so slow as to be unusable, and my wireless mouse (MX Master) is similarly spotty when using the 2.4Ghz receiver.

We know that USB3.0 ports emit radiation in the 2.4Ghz spectrum:

http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/whitepapers/327216.pdf

It's pretty obvious to me that USB3.0 ports are the culprit when it comes to my wireless device issues.

I replaced my first MX Master to rule out the mouse being the culprit. If I connect the mouse via Bluetooth, it is unusable. If I connect the 2.4Ghz receiver to one of the ports on the rear of the case (USB 2.0 or 3.0) it is unusable. If I connect it to one of the USB3.0 ports on the front of the computer, it has about 18" of range. However, if I plug something else into the other USB3.0 port on the front of the computer, the mouse is unusable.

Obviously, USB3.0 ports create interference in the 2.4Ghz spectrum that renders Bluetooth and other wireless devices next to useless.

My question is: why doesn't this issue receive more coverage? It seems like a pretty major flaw.

It looks like I have a choice between using USB devices, and using wireless devices. Neither is very appealing.

I think you are tossing around the word "obviously" a bit much here. This doesn't receive coverage because it doesn't affect many people, including those using wireless devices. You may be experiencing a shitty issue, however that doesn't mean everyone is.

I recently built my first computer with USB3.0 ports.

I'm finding that Bluetooth connections are so slow as to be unusable, and my wireless mouse (MX Master) is similarly spotty when using the 2.4Ghz receiver.

We know that USB3.0 ports emit radiation in the 2.4Ghz spectrum:

http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/whitepapers/327216.pdf

It's pretty obvious to me that USB3.0 ports are the culprit when it comes to my wireless device issues.

I replaced my first MX Master to rule out the mouse being the culprit. If I connect the mouse via Bluetooth, it is unusable. If I connect the 2.4Ghz receiver to one of the ports on the rear of the case (USB 2.0 or 3.0) it is unusable. If I connect it to one of the USB3.0 ports on the front of the computer, it has about 18" of range. However, if I plug something else into the other USB3.0 port on the front of the computer, the mouse is unusable.

Obviously, USB3.0 ports create interference in the 2.4Ghz spectrum that renders Bluetooth and other wireless devices next to useless.

My question is: why doesn't this issue receive more coverage? It seems like a pretty major flaw.

It looks like I have a choice between using USB devices, and using wireless devices. Neither is very appealing.

I have an MX Master and a board with USB 3.0, no such issues. I doubt that's the culprit. Although, I guess my logic is just as flawed as yours, but I'd assume based off the lack of coverage of this issue that it's not related to USB3.

Back