USB2 / Firewire 200gb HDD - $50.00 Clearance..

scoob8000

2[H]4U
Just saw this on another forum. Aldis (food store) has medion external HDDs on clearance for $50 bucks, no rebates.

According to people that already bought them, they are actually seagate drives.

Still cant beat $0.25 per GB.

I'll be checking it out after work..

link please

edit:
why would a food store be carrying these?

he is referring to this thread.

Fat wallet

$.50 per GB, still good though for external firewire and usb2.0, i might have to get one

Here's the actual thread it is from:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=417297

The receipt link is dead, good luck getting this.

Saw it at local Aldi in Milwaukee WI. Original price is $179
Good price if you need one. Limited to quantity on hand so had to put YMMY. They had plenty in stock so if you ever had a HD crash this is a good back-up.
It is a Segate and supports USB2 and firewire.
Link to receipt
http://members.isp.com/[email protected]/medion1.jpg

Actually saw it on SD..

No linkie, it's a B&M deal only..

As an avid Aldi shopper (save a good bit on groceries) I've seen various electronics from time to time, DVD players, computers, cameras etc.

holy shiites batman! i've got an aldis not two miles from here!! will update later

/cheezes it

edit: nothing was found, they had a medion lappy there, but no specs and no price....im not feeling that rich today

I checked out 2 in my city. They got those drives already in November so someone must have just found a store that didn't sell out right away and put it on clearance.

I've never even heard of that store before, I hate living in florida sometimes.

QM

but then again, it's January and it's like 60 degrees already this morning.

Id give you the finger if it wernt -5 out and i need to conserve the square footage i expose. By the way i have 30 of them with in 50 miles of me, hitting up 2 today.

The $50 deal is a mistake, they are going for $79.99, i.e. if you can find one....Good luck

got one! last one at the gantz road store in grove city (suburb of columbus ohio)...i guess every district sets the price, in our district (dont know how large) it was $79....

I went to the Aldi next to the crew stadium next to 71 and the other on Westerville Rd, they were out, you think I can get that one in Grove City, I live up here near Polaris Mall

well, i got the last one...and im probably going to hang on to it.

the two stores I tried were at west broad and then gantz. theres one on cemetary road in hilliard and sawmill road in dublin, dont know if youd have any luck.

i've actually seen but never been in several aldi stores. there's actually an aldi warehouse/truck loading place not 3 miles from my house, maybe i can sneak in and find some :cool:

Crap, my local Aldi's is within walking distance of a college dorm. Aldi's=cheap food; College dorm=bunch of people needing cheap food, but still somehow have disposable income when it comes to electronics.

I hit up both aldi's here in saint louis missouri. both in south county and arnold.
i found nothing and the people that worked there looked at me like i was crazy

so nothing here in saint louis :(

8 aldi's in north east ohio. Nuttin. Found the $160 pioneer surround sound and the $100 dvd recorder though.

i checked a couple aldis

they laughed at me when i mentioned hard drive, guess the ones in chicago are too ghetto for pc hardware.
i did get like 2 weeks groceries for 20 bucks though
lmao

BTW, pretty much all external hard drives are just a firewire or USB case with a normal IDE drive inside. If you dont want external, open it up and take out the drive and shove it in the computer.

I would do the same thing. Someone mentioned earlier that they are Seagate drives.

I didn't find any at my local Aldis, they had some other stuff there but nothing at a good price.

um we did have a 300 giger for $100 at best buy a few weeks ago. At $80 plus shipping plus finders fee, it ant looking so good. That and they are only gona have a 1 year warranty, they have been shipped to hell and back, and its a super off brand maker.

so anyone know if this is still active, or is it dead...
I have not checked my store yet...

Time to try Rolla. I'll rip the drive out and put it in my HTPC.

nightanole said:
um we did have a 300 giger for $100 at best buy a few weeks ago. At $80 plus shipping plus finders fee, it ant looking so good. That and they are only gona have a 1 year warranty, they have been shipped to hell and back, and its a super off brand maker.

Actually, mine was in the box with all pieces, the box was in great shape. The brand is Medion, which is more known in germany, as it should be, because thats their home base. They make all sorts of computers and accessories, they even make laptops. I wouldnt call them a super off brand unless you are conditioned at bestbuy and others to look for specific brands....oh wait I see that you have been. Oh well!

Back