USB dummy - will my Oculus care if I use an adapter?

My USB type C experience is limited to the charging port on my smartphone, though my computer has one.

Thing is, that type C port is the ONLY port my computer has for me to plug my shiny new Oculus Rift into, and said Oculus uses a type A plug.

Forgive me for a dumb question, but will it cause problems if I use a type A female to type C male adapter here?

I would think you would be fine. However, if you're not, this is why God invented USB hubs! Just get a powered USB 3.0/3.1 Gen 1 hub and plug it in!

I would think you would be fine. However, if you're not, this is why God invented USB hubs! Just get a powered USB 3.0/3.1 Gen 1 hub and plug it in!
I'm thinking I may need to do that anyway. I've installed another USB PCI bracket with a motherboard header cable to handle sensors, as I was out of USB capacity before that. Been considering a PCI based USB expansion card too, but that's a hassle since I've got a vertical GPU mount. Not impossible, but a hassle.

Every computer in my house has a small USB 3.0 hub attached to it and that hub is velcro'd to the desk at some convenient port like below the monitor. I'd never go back to plugging things into the front/back of the PC instead of having ports easily at reach!

Yeah I think as long as you use a powered usb hub you should be fine.

Enjoy that Oculus Rift, it's so much fun.

Back