USB-C to HDMI adapter

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently got my first photo with USB-C (Galaxy A02s) and I'd like to use one of those USB-C to HDMI adapter cables to get my phone's screen on my TV if possible.
Are these adapters fairly standard? Should I be able to pick up most any one and have it just work with my phone?

No. There are two types of USB-C to HDMI adapters, one is using USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode and a DP->HDMI converter. Which is what you should use if your phone supports DP Alternate Mode.

The other type uses a DisplayLink or Fresno Logic chip to convert USB to HDMI and can be used by installing an app (DisplayLink) or patching the Android kernel (Fresno Logic). This should be avoided and only used as last resort, in many cases even using Wifi screen casting is better.

I recently got my first photo with USB-C (Galaxy A02s) and I'd like to use one of those USB-C to HDMI adapter cables to get my phone's screen on my TV if possible.
Are these adapters fairly standard? Should I be able to pick up most any one and have it just work with my phone?
if your phone supports it you just need a normal $5-10 adapter or if you have a smart tv, just cast to it.

Back