USB-c to 2.5G Ethernet adapter $30 with coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.

toast0

2[H]4U
Regular price $40, but there's currently a $10 off coupon on amazon (limit one per customer, which is a bummer, because I don't have anything else that does 2.5G)

From plugable, includes a USB-A to USB-C adapter on the cord if needed. Realtek RTL8156 chipset.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084L4JL9K/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm going to be upgrading my FreeNAS box to 10Gbps soonish. So other boxes in the network need to be bumped up as well. This or the Trendnet (probably same chipset) will be great for laptops.

I'm going to be upgrading my FreeNAS box to 10Gbps soonish. So other boxes in the network need to be bumped up as well. This or the Trendnet (probably same chipset) will be great for laptops.

Which network switch are you using?

Interesting to see they have server drivers for this as well. They must be pretty confidant in their product.
Likely all the same driver -- the Linux driver is encouraging though, despite the limitation to older kernels.

Which network switch are you using?
Going to use one of the new Netgear business multigig switches. They are perfect for my needs. SFP+ port for freenas, 10, 5, 2.5 and 1 gig on copper as well. They even have POE models so I can power my Unifi controller and access point. They are kinda amazing.

How about affordable unmanaged switches capable of 2.5? Of 5.0?
What's your definition of affordable? The netgear I'm looking at is below $300 everywhere. If you want 1gig prices for 2.5 or higher, that probably isn't going to happen until multigig is more common place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back