USB bluetooth dongle on a PS4?

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
I am trying to get a bluetooth headset to work on the PS4. I know Sony decided to encrypt the bluetooth this time around and normal unlicensed things will not work.
I had some guy at work tell me that I could get a dongle and plug it into the PS4 and get it to work that way but I haven't seen anything happening yet.
Anyone know if things like this are feasible?
I am not interested in gaming headsets as I want my game audio to go through my speakers and only use a headset for comms. This is why I like the one ear piece kind of setups.

As far as I know, that won't work. I know there are various wireless headsets that will work with their proprietary wireless dongles, but I haven't seen a bluetooth headset work just yet.

I doubt sony will release any firmware to fix that, as this allows them to force you to use expensive headsets.

Yeah, I have been noticing this. I have been scouring the inet for answers but no one seems to know or care.
I guess I will just have to buy a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and use one of my 360 headsets.

Yeah, I have been noticing this. I have been scouring the inet for answers but no one seems to know or care.
I guess I will just have to buy a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and use one of my 360 headsets.

Be careful on that too. I tried the same thing and its not your normal 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. Im not an audio genious so I really dont know why but apparently it needs to be capable of audio as designated by the third ring on the connection. I bought a standard adapter and it did nothing for me.

It won't. PS4 requires an encrypted point between bluetooth devices. This limits what will work and won't. Its very frustrating.

It won't. PS4 requires an encrypted point between bluetooth devices. This limits what will work and won't. Its very frustrating.

Well, my main problem was just trying to get the PS4 to see the dongle. The dongle would have done the bluetooth connection.
My friend at work said he just some rinky dink cheapo bluetooth dongle and his PS4 found it. I got mine off of amazon for $10 and my PS4 doesnt see anything.

Well, my main problem was just trying to get the PS4 to see the dongle. The dongle would have done the bluetooth connection.
My friend at work said he just some rinky dink cheapo bluetooth dongle and his PS4 found it. I got mine off of amazon for $10 and my PS4 doesnt see anything.

Bluetooth doesn't work like that. The dongle just provides the specialized radios and a means to use them, it doesn't do the pairing itself.

wow, learn something new everyday. I had no idea. Thanks for the input.

I kind of feel a little stupid now, lol.

Back