US Now Asks Foreign Travelers For Social Media Info

HardOCP News

[H] News
Could you imagine being the guy that has to go through all those social media sites for each and every person traveling to the United States? Also, isn't this optional? Are you going to be denied entry to the country because you don't have a Facebook page? How many terrorists are going to have a Facebook page outlining their plans?

Since Tuesday, foreign travelers arriving in the United States on the visa waiver program have been presented with an “optional” request to “enter information associated with your online presence,” a government official confirmed Thursday. The prompt includes a drop-down menu that lists platforms including Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube, as well as a space for users to input their account names on those sites.

"The new policy comes as Washington tries to improve its ability to spot and deny entry to individuals who have ties to terrorist groups like the Islamic State. "

This is useless. A terrorist would either lie, or have an innocent online persona.

It's obvious you don't know much about terrorists. They are all about honour and tend to dress as traditionally as possible just before blowing themselves. Everybody knows that

I feel bad for the customs agent who has to search Adam Saleh's race baiting and completely fabricated social medias.

I'd rather be homeless.

This is more about social engineering than safety or security. Most western countries are using border checks to slowly introduce people to living in a police state.

The whole social media thing is hilarious though.

This is more about social engineering than safety or security. Most western countries are using border checks to slowly introduce people to living in a police state.

The whole social media thing is hilarious though.
You are probably right. I'm sure the CIA/NSA are compiling a huge database on everyone and everything known about each person. For that matter, I'm sure there are such databases in Russia and China as hackers are way too good at not only logging into people's accounts using stolen passwords, but they also know a large number of security answers that sites are likely to ask to validate logins. I've had this happen to four people this year where I work through their company gmail accounts. Each time Google let them in on the third or fourth login attempt. One of the employees also had her completely unrelated personal hotmail account which had the same password hacked at the same time.

I guess I'm just amazed that when when someone inputs their name in the Visa waiver program, that an independent system doesn't just automatically compile everything about their online presence. Using cross-reference image/keyword/name searches you could probably tag most people's online personas without their consent/knowledge. Actually, I'd be surprised if they aren't already doing this.

I guess I'm just amazed that when when someone inputs their name in the Visa waiver program, that an independent system doesn't just automatically compile everything about their online presence. Using cross-reference image/keyword/name searches you could probably tag most people's online personas without their consent/knowledge. Actually, I'd be surprised if they aren't already doing this.
I assume they do know most of this information, but asking for more info they don't know doesn't hurt and it could also show what they are hiding by omission.

Maybe this addition is actually quite brilliant.

Thank you muslims for making the world a better place for us all.

You didn't change a single word that I can see.

Trolling to the max.

If you honestly don't see a distinction between Muslims and terrorists, then - quite frankly - you are an awful human being.

If that is honestly what you believe, every single Muslim person I know is better than you, because they have been the kindest least likely people to judge others by their race or religion I have ever met.

This is fine I guess, as long as it is voluntary (as the story suggests it is) and clearly identified as voluntary.

If it were to become mandatory - however - this would become a major problem.

Trolling to the max.

If you honestly don't see a distinction between Muslims and terrorists, then - quite frankly - you are an awful human being.
At least I'm not trolling muslims with trucks and airplanes and 7 year-old suicide bombers.

At least I'm not trolling muslims with trucks and airplanes and 7 year-old suicide bombers.

You say this as if terrorism is exclusive to Muslims.

Remember, the second most deadly act of terrorism on U.S. soil was committed by a white Christian army veteran.

Terrorism no more defines Islam that it defines Christianity, and if you really believe what you are saying, you are the most horrific prejudiced and racist person I have had the misfortune of communicating with on these forums in my 16+ years as a member.

Seriously, go die in a fire.

Last edited:
Whoa whoa whoa, guys how can you call this a failure already? We can't just jump past paying the wages for a decade or two for some relatives of congressmen to push "Approve all" every now & then before we determine this. That's not how this stuff works. Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules??

How can you have so much hate/anger for 1.6billion people or just in general?

On topic- Israel does this as well to all non citizens entering their country. It seems to be working out for them. Have to plan on being in airport for a few hours though.

On topic- Israel does this as well to all non citizens entering their country. It seems to be working out for them. Have to plan on being in airport for a few hours though.

Guess I'm not going to Israel any time soon.

I have nothing to hide in my social accounts, but I find the need to resist the slippery slope towards a police state on principle alone.

As long as it is not US citizens, I am fine with it. I see no issue at all with non citizens being required to give up that info if they want to enter.

I do question how effective it would be though. I suppose some terrorists are idiot enough to put their plans on, or openly support terrorist organizations on, Facebook. They are terrorists after all.

Seems pointless. The 9/11 hijackers were boozing it up and getting lap dances from strippers a few days before the attack.

The only time I've seen "terrorists" being dumb is when getting entrapped by the FBI.

By completing this page you hearby declare not to be a Islamic terrorist. You also hearby declare to be compatible with American freedoms.

pretmetmohammed-paint.jpg

I hate all religions equally. Muslims are just first in line.

This is just another stupid attempt to to update the old I-94 immigration form.

When you filled it in it had such leading questions as -

1. Have you ever been a member of the Nazi Party? Y/N

2. Have you ever been involved in Genocide or the Holocaust? Y/N

3. Have you ever been involved or funded Terrorism? Y/N

Etc.

If you have ticked Yes to any question, please contact your consulate before entering the United States!

Back