US Military Tweets to Counter Taliban

HardOCP News

[H] News
The U.S. military is now using YouTube, Twitter and Facebook as part of a new communications effort to reach readers who get their information from the internet instead of newspapers and other traditional source.

The effort, which officials described as a way to counter Taliban propaganda, represents a sea change in how the military can communicate its message. "There's an entire audience segment that seeks its news from alternative means outside traditional news sources, and we want to make sure we're engaging them as well.

Not a bad idea. The military should do whatever they can to become accepted among the locales.

This is what you lot across the pond should of done after 911.

You let the terroists win by allowing yourself to stoop to their level, but this is a way of spreading democracy in the way it was meant to be spread, through words.

You let the terroists win by allowing yourself to stoop to their level, but this is a way of spreading democracy in the way it was meant to be spread, through words.

I'm sure Saddam agrees with you. Omar and Kim Il Sung too. :rolleyes:

Some leaders don't want to talk. Even Pakistan tried talking to the Taliban. Look what resulted from it.

Nobody likes wars, but sometimes it's what you have to do. The hard part is convincing the locales of that country.

I'm sure you will have this same sentiment when one of them is putting a smiley face into your neck. When you typed this were Simon & Garfunkel playing in the background while you were burning incense, staring at your Bob Marley poster, while smelling like Pachouli oil? I'm just curious.

But the "locals" dont speak ENGLISH... and the troops don't know how to LOL in Afgan.

And the Afgan peasents dont have Blackberry's and they dont have the intrawebnetz either... they are in the fucking nowherez with peasentz shitz.

And who the fuck cares what they want or dont, do what your told or get your fuking head blown off. Are we Genghis Khan or Hello Kitty?

Little known fact, but the Taliban are big twitterers. This is right up their alley.

But the "locals" dont speak ENGLISH... and the troops don't know how to LOL in Afgan.

And the Afgan peasents dont have Blackberry's and they dont have the intrawebnetz either... they are in the fucking nowherez with peasentz shitz.

And who the fuck cares what they want or dont, do what your told or get your fuking head blown off. Are we Genghis Khan or Hello Kitty?

The English language is more widespread than you think.

Until individual soldiers are allowed to say whatever they want I still won't believe the information. It's just a new set of spinners.

The transfer of information, in any capacity, is attractive to terrorists home and abroad.

Back