US DOJ Appeals AT&T's Time Warner Acquisition

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The Department of Justice thinks that AT&T acquiring Time Warner will put many Americans in a situation that will harm consumers and has not exercised its right to appeal the previous court decision that paved the way to let the combining of the two companies to move forward.

Judge Richard Leon of U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that the tie-up between AT&T’s wireless and satellite businesses with Time Warner’s movies and television shows was legal under antitrust law. The Justice Department had argued the deal would harm consumers.

Really surprised leon would do this with his track record of sucking u know what /s

Another way to waste more taxpayer money tying up lawyers and the court system.
given how AT&T loves tp bend people over price wise lol I think they should appeal it... Pretty soon it is going to be like Omni Consumer Products around here....

If Disney and Amazon are allowed to do what they are currently doing buying up everything I don't see why this is being blocked for AT&T outside the fact that maybe AT&T didn't line the right pockets. AT&T has HBO so getting Time Warner would place it in at least a closer competitive market to the likes of Netflix, Disney, Hulu, and Amazon. Really not a big deal...

If Disney and Amazon are allowed to do what they are currently doing buying up everything I don't see why this is being blocked for AT&T outside the fact that maybe AT&T didn't line the right pockets. AT&T has HBO so getting Time Warner would place it in at least a closer competitive market to the likes of Netflix, Disney, Hulu, and Amazon. Really not a big deal...

Probably has something to do with the fact that Disney and Amazon aren't also "Telcos". I do agree though that too much money and power is centred around huge corporations.

when has ATT ever given people a good deal?

When has a merger ever given customers a better deal?

When Charter bought Time Warner internet, my internet bill went up.

Fuckers.

when has ATT ever given people a good deal?

They now pay a ~6% dividend which I would say is a pretty good deal. I may add a few hundred more shares if this causes the share price to go down a little more.

Back