US - Athlon II 750K

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
Has anyone been able to track these CPU's down in the US? I've seen many people posting about and purchasing them abroad but I can't seem to find them here. It's an interesting chip and I'd like to put one through it's paces. Anyone know where I can source one?

Thanks

Has anyone been able to track these CPU's down in the US? I've seen many people posting about and purchasing them abroad but I can't seem to find them here. It's an interesting chip and I'd like to put one through it's paces. Anyone know where I can source one?

Thanks

Nope, it seems like this one is not meant for the US market yet.

I wonder if FM2 is more feature-filled as a socket than AM3? I would assume that it's better just on the fact that it's actually a new socket. How old is AM3 now?

I looked again at the ATX FM2 boards, they're impressive and ready for overclocking.

Does anyone have a retail price estimate on the A10-6800K?

I looked again at the ATX FM2 boards, they're impressive and ready for overclocking.

Does anyone have a retail price estimate on the A10-6800K?

Yeah, they do look nice. I wouldn't be surprised if AMD moved to this socket altogether. I think it would be awesome if they did actually. This way you'd have a choice between a CPU and an APU on one system. If you want to move up and get a higher-end CPU and a GPU then you don't need to sell/toss your current MOBO. I really wish Intel would just keep everything on the same damn socket. It seems like they upgrade the socket with every iteration of the Core series.

To Intel's credit it's not like the i5-2500K from early 2011 is struggling with current games and tasks, and it probably won't in 2014.

The AM3+ feature set is getting old, but all it needs to freshen up is a new chipset. (AMD, I hope your listening!) FM2 is impressive because the A55/75/85 chipsets are impressive.

Whats so interesting about it?

I have the 750K.

The platform is good and cheap while it is possible to OC.

The 750 is the cheapest current gen CPU that you can OC to get "free" performance.
Hell I could not even get an i3 at the same price level as this CPU.

The AM3+ feature set is getting old, but all it needs to freshen up is a new chipset. (AMD, I hope your listening!) FM2 is impressive because the A55/75/85 chipsets are impressive.

At least it's better than the Intel boards that only have Two Sata 3 ports.

I had read that A.M.D. might use one socket for all of their C.P.U.s/A.P.U.s after AM3+/FM2.

At least it's better than the Intel boards that only have Two Sata 3 ports.

It makes sense on socket 1155, and socket 2011 (X79) was a bit of a disappointment feature wise, hopefully Intel will add tons of features with the next gen X chipset.

Having 8 SATA 3 ports with trinity is a bit of an odd choice, seems like a bit of an "why not" decision at AMD.

It makes sense on socket 1155, and socket 2011 (X79) was a bit of a disappointment feature wise, hopefully Intel will add tons of features with the next gen X chipset.

Having 8 SATA 3 ports with trinity is a bit of an odd choice, seems like a bit of an "why not" decision at AMD.

I'm glad they are offering that many Ports. For years I used motherboards with 4 IDE ports which handle can 8 devices total. I always hated that the more modern motherboards supported so many fewer devices. A step backwards really.

I don't see why the TDP of the 750K is as high as it is (100w); its clock speed is in line with the 5700, which is rated by AMD as a 65w part, and it doesn't even have the GPU functionality either.

It's probably because the TDP is a bit higher than 65W. Their ranking system for TDP jumps around like that.

AMD brands all FM1 and FM2 K models as 100 watts, stock power consumption is far lower.

I wonder if FM2 is more feature-filled as a socket than AM3? I would assume that it's better just on the fact that it's actually a new socket. How old is AM3 now?

There's a few FM2 boards that support 2600 Mhz RAM while AM3+ boards only go as high as 2400. FM2 boards have more SATA3 ports on some boards as well. Those are the only 2 differences I noticed.

Well, it's easy for a mobo manufacturers to say their board supports 50,000GHz RAM. Whether or not the memory controller of the APU/CPU is capable of supporting that speed...

Lots of people have ran the 5800k at 2800mhz with no problems, lol. Even on boards that didn't list it as a "supported" speed.

I'm sure you'll find a lot of surprising results if you google it :p.

Most people I know, though, they run at 2400mhz.

I've spent 6 months tweaking around with Trinity. Even Google agrees that very, very few people have managed to hit 2800MHz RAM. It's all about the amount of NB voltage you have to send to the APU and few of them can handle it, regardless of cooling.

Back