US Air Force to Migrate 776,000 Users to Microsoft Office 365

Ahh it's just what the military does, change their minds and change them back. Build a bridge move a bridge replace a bridge with a new bridge while leaving the old bridge up and then deciding the new bridge is going to cost too much and stopping work before it's finished, and then tearing down the old bridge anyway.

Ya, like token logins. Apparently they were pushing that for like 2-3 decades. When I first joined, we were still on username/password logins. Then they came out with the CAC and were trying to get us using them. An old MSgt told me they tried the same thing with a certificate or something on a 5 1/2 floppy to login with. Then the 3 1/2 floppy later on. Then died out for a while, until the CAC came out.

For me, the CAC was like 2002-3 or something. I don't remember, around that time. They bought all these card readers and no one bothered using it. It was like another 3 years or so, when they did another big push to get everyone using them. I think a year after that was when they finally forced us to use them. Now...same push is happening on classified networks and alt tokens for admin accts. I have 8 cards for 2 networks. Going to suck if the other networks start getting them too.

Back