Url filtering on cisco 871 router

bharatp80

n00b
Hello everyone,

i need to know can i configure url filtering on csico 871 router with per user basis.?

Description to the above question.:

I have already configured cisco 871 router for url filtering and its working just fine.Now I have been asked to configure router in such a way that it should permit some computers on my LAN Network to have full internet Aceess while other computers can access internet according to the url filtering settings.

does any one have such experience previous.plz share with me yr experience.

I am using Url filtering from Cisco IOS only.I am not using any third party servers like web sense,N2H2 or any other and we are not goig to use that in future too.
so just give me your suggestion based on local Url configuration from tourt IOS only.

plz let me know if you know about this.

Thanks,
Bharat.

I think they only way would be to give the users you want static ips (or reserved ips) and segment it that way. I don't see how the router would be user aware.

Thanks for yr reply,

That's what i am thinking.so i have kept first 50 ip address reserved in DHCP pool.so i can use those ip address to assign a static ip address to the computers which i want to have full access.
but again how to deal with this.it looks some confusing me.

plz advice if it is possible or not?

Thanks,
Bharat.

bharatp80 said:
Thanks for yr reply,

That's what i am thinking.so i have kept first 50 ip address reserved in DHCP pool.so i can use those ip address to assign a static ip address to the computers which i want to have full access.
but again how to deal with this.it looks some confusing me.

plz advice if it is possible or not?

Thanks,
Bharat.

I haven't dealt with this scenario specifically - i'm just basing it off of generic knowledge. Maybe someone else will get into step by step stuff with you.

Back