** Urgent Motherboard Change - Need some guidance please **

boss67

n00b
Hi. I used to have the DFI DK P45 an outstanding mobo. It used to run with Geforce 280gtx, 4gb ram at 800MHz and SB Live extreme audio. I overclocked it really bad one day and burned it off :D :D :D due to high temps in my country maybe ?:p
The shop i bought it didnt have that mobo on stock so they gave me back an MSI P43 Neo and refunded me the rest money. After that i changed my hardware to an eVGA Geforce 295gtx, SB Live xfi titanium fatality series and bought the 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz 8500c5 ram. Put these onto the MSI P43 updated the latest bios but the pc has been having loads of troubles since that day. Another thing is that it cant work with a usb keyboard and so and so....i never liked msi so im gonna throw it back to the guy who sold this piece of cr**p to me. MSI cheap mobos dont really work with high demanding hardware as ive found throughout the years. I dont wanna buy their platinum series with Knights and Swords on pictured on their boxes. I just dont wanna hear MSI again.

All i want is my following hardware to work on very without crashes , freezes. Im a user who likes to install some latest game titles on the pc, enjoy them, listen to music with my logitech z5500 loud, watch some movies and talk to MSN ! :p I want something really stable and compatible with my hardware so could you please give me some guidance....i would appreciate a lot.

The current hardware i want to work with the mobo are:
-intel E8400
-Evga 295 GTX
-SB Live X-Fi Titanium Fatality
-1066MHz Corsair Dominator 4GB Ram (2x2)
-TSST Corp DVD-RW
-Zalman 850HP PSU
-1x 320GB Seagate HDD
-2x 500GB Seagate HDD
-1x 1.5TB Seagate HDD

I was thinkng something about the DFI X48 LT T2R...
Also note i just want to install Vista SP1 64Bit on it.. i dont want to upgrade bios and etc. I want all those hardware to work and ill leave it there for years if possible to enjoy my music, movies and few games.

Thank all for your time.....

Asus P5Q Pro or Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P.

I Have a P5Q Pro and its been great for me, although if i were to do it again i think id get the Gigabyte.

khm seems quite a good solution and gr8 price huh ...

why would u go for gigabyte though ?

i just picked up the ud3p a few weeks ago. great mobo, easy to work with. good OC.
cheap...

I don't know what's available in your country, but as the others have said, the Asus and Gigabyte P45 boards are pretty good. I'd probably just get another DFI if they can get you one in. I'd definitely stay away from MSI though. I've never had anything but trouble with them.

I was thinkng something about the DFI X48 LT T2R...
Also note i just want to install Vista SP1 64Bit on it.. i dont want to upgrade bios and etc. I want all those hardware to work and ill leave it there for years if possible to enjoy my music, movies and few games.

Thank all for your time.....

Fyi the X38 and X48 versions of that board are almost identical and afaik you can flash the X38 version(the one that i have) to an X48. :eek:

Hey "SixtyWatMan"....we seem to have quite some common hardware ... and was wondering did u update the bios of the UD3R to make things work ok ?

You did not mention if you reinstalled the intel inf drivers (chipset drivers) and deleted/uninstalled the old hardware drivers from the OS and reinstalled the drivers for the new hardware ? In short there is more to do when swapping boards of different chipsets/hardware then just updating the bios. If you are running XP a "repair install" followed by getting all the drivers updated would likley help.

If you dont want to mess with it I would recommend another P45 chipset board to reduce the software driver issues but the drivers are still something that needs to be carefully checked unless you did a clean install on the HD after the board swap.

Well sorry about that my mistake....but after changing motherboard.. i also changed my hardware the graphics cards, sound card and memory modules. Finally i did a clean INSTALL Of windows XP PRO SP3 at first got all the crashes and then installed Vista 64Bit SP1 and again crashes with the system. All the crashes with the MSI Mobo on and the pc can never work with a usb keyboard plugged in. It just freezes , crashes, BSOD .

Yuck, after all that I tend to agree that MSI needs to go, and fast. Good luck .

yup good to have other people to agree.....msi isn't the good thing to handle my computer hardware. its gonna go to the bin really soon !

the dfi is a good choice. as is the dfi ut p45 or the lp dk t2rs plus. if you plan on going to a 45nm quad and doing any overclocking, consider the asus p5q deluxe.

MSI is pretty good from what I have read online mind you I have never used them. One thing that you mentioned was you don't want to buy MSI stuff because you can't stand the knights and swords on there boxes? lol But you have no problems buying a sound card named after some quake3 player that nobody cares about...Back to the topic, go with Asus P5Q or Pro if you want crossfire, if not stick with P5Q regular as its the same exact spec'd board minus crossfire support. It really is a good P45 motherboard!

well that was just a joke about knights and swords....but i cannot stand a motherboard which i updated to the latests bios ver. and cannot work with a usb keyboard on it...i tried changing many hardware components to find the problem and still had the same issue plus loads of freezes. Im not a crossfire guy just an eVGA 296 GTX ;)
Im looking at about the Asus P5Q-E or the UD3P really good products and hard to choose from !

Just searched on ASUS Website about P5Q-Deluxe....

its like 10pages of posting problems in there damn

so get another dfi. i have always had great success with them since the nf2 infinity boards.
i have had the lp ut p35, lp dk x48, lp dk x38, lp ut p45 and lp dk p45 plus. unless you are going to run crossfire, get one of the p45 boards. they have the ich10r controller (the others have the ich9) and are better overclockers.

I've used the P5Q Pro and haven't had any problems. Never used the Deluxe, but why bother when the Pro has everything you'd need?

That being said...I'd probably just get another DFI.

Well thank all of you for helping me out...really big THANKS !

As ive concluded MSI might be ok but some of you agreed its not the best thing to have because it causes problems as to me and to some of you as well...

So Gigabyte UD3P is my buy for now and can explain why:
-Great cooling solution heatsinks - 2oz copper wtvr..
-2Gbit lans
-8usb ports at the back
-Ive also checked the bios releases and the new ones arent out to fix any incompatibility with new processors and major problems like asus.
-Price looks really good for all these stuff as well.

The only con i have is i have never used Gigabyt mobo again so hope they work. I'll also disable the sound card as im gonna addon my x-fi fatality.

Back