Urgent Help Needed

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Macca, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Macca

Macca Limp Gawd

*EDIT* LMAO THE DISC DRIVE SCRATCHED THE XP DISC!!!!!, it was a perfect half cirlce so i know that was the cause. Thank F*** i made a backup copy lol :p :p :p *EDIT*

When the Windows XP disc loads up it gives the message PCI.sys Corrupted and doesnt let me go onto blue scren where gives you the options:

Install windows
    repair windows etc

This happened because i uninstalled service pack 2.

I get this message when XP trys to boot from hdd:

STOP:c000021a fatal systen error

The system manager initialiaztion system process terminated unexpected error with a status of 0xc0000263( 0x00000000 0x00000000)

2. Canon

Canon 2[H]4U

Well I can't picture exactly what is going on there. I have never had a problem with formatting using the XP CD, maybe you selected a wrong option somewehre, hard to say, as far as I know that's pretty independant of what is actually on the hard drive(s) that are in the computer....

Anyhow you could try making a bootdisk win98 and putting format.com and fdisk on it and just doing it that way. Windows XP shoud automatically be able to convert it durring install if you want NTFS.

If your not sure how to make a bootdisk with win98 this is what you do...

1. Create the bootable disk:
    Put a floppy disk in your drive. Go to windows explorer->right click on your floppy drive (a:\) -> select format->select the check box that says "system files"->click format->click yes.

2. Add format.com and fdisk on it
    Click start->find ->select c:\ ->type in the file you need->click search
    (copy it to the floppy):
    When you find the file you need, click copy and then paste it onto your floppy disk.

3. Fdisk(wipe out your partition)
    Keep the floppy in your drive, restart and wait for it to boot until you see the a:\ prompt. (if it doesn't boot and just boots your OS, try going into the BIOS and changing the boot order so that the floppy drive is before the hard drive).
    Now type fdisk and press enter->press y and then enter->select "delete non-dos partition" (or similar, sorry I havn't done it in a while)->then select option one, "create a primary partition"->accept the default sizes, agree to everything etc. and when it's done, exit fdisk and restart your system.

4. format (make the partition usable):
    When the system is booted again after fdisk, type format c: and press enter->then press y and then enter.

Now you should be able to run the Windows XP install without a hitch, and if you can't there is something else ammiss with your setup or you are choosing a wrong option somewhere.

3. Macca

Macca Limp Gawd

When the Windows XP disc loads up it gives the message PCI.sys Corrupted and doesnt let me go onto blue scren where gives you the options:

Install windows
    repair windows etc

4. MorfiusX

MorfiusX 2[H]4U

I had an issue once where the XP boot cd didn't format my drive correctly. Then, evertime I did it again, it failed. I used Autoclave to zero the drive. It worked after that.

5. Macca

Macca Limp Gawd

I get this message when XP trys to boot from hdd:

STOP:c000021a fatal systen error

The system manager initialiaztion system process terminated unexpected error with a status of ( 0x00000000 0x00000000)

6. Summoner

Summoner [H]ard|Gawd

Sounds like you have a corrupted install. Are you running your SATA drive off ports 3 or 4? Those ones are locked (they are closest to the CPU), the other 2 arent. I would back off any overclocking, use the repair option on the CD to repair your install, back up your data then format and reinstall again.

7. Macca

Macca Limp Gawd

As i already said i cannot repair or do anything ... ihad in port 3 when it happened.