[Urgent Help] Can't login in the windows vista!!

wahur1

Limp Gawd
I can't login into my windows vista..it just gets freeze on the windows loading page. Few days ago i applied the half open tcip patch and it was working fine till today..but last night windows vista updated its patch and don't know wht went wrong now it just don't boot up. Tried to recover through windows vista cd but it just can't locate the windows installation directory. I'm totally lost and can't think of anything to get into my windows and recover things from the C drive. Tried Safe Mode but still no luck..Tried the "Last known good configuration" but still no luck...

Please tell me any way to recover my things from C drive and after that i can format my windows.

Would like to ask one thing If i install my windows without formatting my current windows will i loose my data which is on C drive ? after copying my data i can install a clean copy of windows...

Please help me out....

Thanks in Advance!!:(

If you get a live CD for Ubuntu, you should be able to pull files of the C: drive.

You could also put the hard drive into another computer and get files off of it.

But I recommend bholstege's idea first.

installing the DamnSmallLinux to the CD now ..i hope it works..

Thanks for help guys!!! I didn't used the ubuntu but i tried to copy C drive stuff within the Vista CD and it worked actually..:)...

Back