UPS with easily repalceable battery

SavageThrash

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a battery backup that has an easily replaceable battery. I'm running small form factor PCs off of the battery backup but I'm finding that after a few years the battery backup dies. My issue is that most aren't an easy swap out. You have to unscrew the housing and connections, replace and reassemble.

Does anyone know of a UPS with a battery that could be easily replaced we I can just pull it out and slide a new one in without removing it from where I have it mounted and have to disassemble it all?

These are small atom based PCs so I don't need anything server grade. 350-550 is plenty.

You have to replace the battery once every 2-4 years, tops. What does it matter that the thing takes a few extra steps? We're talking maybe 10 minutes every couple years here.

I've got an old Belkin F6C1500 UPS and the front cover slides off revealing two batteries. Can be hot swapped.

Maybe find a used on on eBay?

just about any of the ones that look like oversized power strips should only have 1-2 screws to remove the battery. I personally am not satisfied with the quality of such low-end consumer UPS models, personally, but eh, they beat no UPS at all.

Even if you buy a model that takes more effort than that, you'll still get used to it quickly.

The only thing I can think of other than rack mount units is to use quick disconnects and run all your batteries externally?

The APC consumer grade you could easily route the wire outside the plastic case for quick plug and play access.

I've changed batteries on a variety of UPS units and none take time, just a couple screws unplug replug push in and screw it back together... you may shave 2 minutes putting hte batteris outside.

Thanks for your input. A shame that Belkin isn't made anymore, second hand isn't an option for my uses (or volumes).

Back