UPS is going to dissapoint many this Christmas

Vinnard

Gawd
At least in Washington they are. They haven't delivered anything the last few days due to the weather, even though USPS has. Yesterday was perfectly fine to deliver, it started warming up and the ice on the roads was melting. Today it is snowing again so I won't be getting some presents for family members :mad:

/rant

Which is why you buy early, and not wait until the last minute.

You try driving a delivery truck through snow and ice to hundreds of homes and back, lol.

You know whats worse, my package was suppose to come yesterday, and I saw the dam UPS truck pass my house, but it was the end of his shift! :[ Some packages I sent were delayed a day or two, but they all are in time for Christmas.

Nope, only you, because everyone else didn't wait till the last minute to order their shit.

Ordering 8 days before Christmas with 3 day select doesn't sound like a last minute order to me

next time buy in advance.

and when you buy from woot, make sure you buy two months in advance.

At least in Washington they are. They haven't delivered anything the last few days due to the weather, even though USPS has. Yesterday was perfectly fine to deliver, it started warming up and the ice on the roads was melting. Today it is snowing again so I won't be getting some presents for family members :mad:

/rant

Hah, UPS is the only company I have gotten my packages from here in Bellevue, FedEx and USPS are nowhere to be found in the Lakemont area.

It just depends where you are.

My GF's packages for me and for her brother were shipped on the 18th and 21st and she paid extra to make sure they were here on time, FedEx, and they're still stuck in Tennessee and Redmond, so yeah...

I didn't see a smiley anywhere but but but... I mean, come on, w00t specializes in "buy it now" cool/hot deals, two months in advance? :D

Wow the poor guy tries to get some last minute Christmas shopping done and is disappointed and you guys just make him feel worse, GG assholes. That does suck though, I hate Christmas shopping so I just went the giftcard route for most, it may be impersonal but it gets the job done.

Wow the poor guy tries to get some last minute Christmas shopping done and is disappointed and you guys just make him feel worse, GG assholes. That does suck though, I hate Christmas shopping so I just went the giftcard route for most, it may be impersonal but it gets the job done.

I didn't say anything mean I don't think?

It's a crap shoot all around this year with shipping, my mom is still waiting on stuff from all 3 of them, we've got some of the things, but it depends where they were coming from and the weather conditions at those places too..

I got a package one day delayed with UPS (ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS) but they dropped it off yesterday (Tuesday).

USPS skipped 2 days last week, not sure what you're talking about. I see the UPS trucks out constantly, they're delivering lots of stuff.

I got a package one day delayed with UPS (ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS) but they dropped it off yesterday (Tuesday).

USPS skipped 2 days last week, not sure what you're talking about. I see the UPS trucks out constantly, they're delivering lots of stuff.

Yeah, this is my experience too, except some of the places things are coming from are terrible and still haven't shown up.

UPS is going to take 13 days to get a video card I sold today from the east coast to California.:mad:

/rant

Actually I saw a UPS truck on my street at 9pm... (I live in WA, Sammamish / Eastside to be more specific)

Seriously... dropping off a package to my neighbor.

And roads are the worst where I am, hilly/icy and not a lot of traffic so it'll stay like this...

Ordering 8 days before Christmas with 3 day select doesn't sound like a last minute order to me

UPS doesn't deliver on the weekends, so you only had 6 business days after you account for that. Then most likely the order wasn't processed till the following day, which may have also been after UPS did their pickup, so that drops you down to 4 days. Sounds like last minute to me?

Heh, kinda sad that I ordered a part for my camera from Sony last thursday (12/18) with the basic $8 shipping (I guess it was USPS Priority) and it got here Monday... I didn't need it anytime soon but I figured I'd order it while they still had it because they might be phasing out that camera...

D=

Well, a UPS truck drove by my house with my regular carrier, that really pisses me off

Yep, got my UPS delivery today, and I've seen 2-3 trucks out every day. I gave my driver a candy cane for sticking it out in the bad weather :p

UPS will successfully deliver on time well over 95% of the tens of millions of packages during the Christmas season. Too bad that we'll only hear the whining and bitching from the few who don't get their packages on time.

No problems for me. Even though the tracking showed that my package will be delayed until the 26th, when not 10 minutes after checking the tracking, UPS driver knocked on my door and gave me the package.

The UPS guy just delivered some packages to me from family by dragging a hand truck full of packages through ice and snow, I live down some nasty hills and he had to leave his truck a ways away, they are trying to deliver guys, cut them some slack.

That's because it has rockets powered by Hopes and Dreams.

Hold on there. Santa uses a rocket because his sleigh is powered by hopes and dreams. Since everybody is a dick to everyone not many people have high hopes and dreams thus santa's sleigh doesn't have enough hopes and dream gas to fly. If we all start singing we can lift everyones spirit and santa can fly.

:D

The UPS guy just delivered some packages to me from family by dragging a hand truck full of packages through ice and snow, I live down some nasty hills and he had to leave his truck a ways away, they are trying to deliver guys, cut them some slack.

He was probably hoping that it was finally his time and that the rumors were true. That if he went out of his way to deliver packages a gorgeous big boob nympho would answer the door and eagerly accept his package for being the best darn delivery man out there...

Yeah.

Oh and I am rather ticked. I should have had packages BEFORE this snow storm hit. I even paid $16 extra to get them here days before christmas, and now, nothing. :(

Here is alittle inside information. UPS will be delivering late tonight trying to get Christmas gifts delivered. This may or not help depending on when you ordered and what type of shipping service you ordered.

The bad news is that as of right now there will be no deliveries made on Friday.

It's ironic that I got my woot package BEFORE my Newegg package. Both were purchased a few days apart but I do remember people saying that Woot takes forever to deliver.

Interesting nonetheless.

I've been expecting two packages both purchased on Dec 14th but one was with FedEx and the other from UPS. I appreciate all those folks out there driving and delivering packages in this crappy weather but what irks me are the terrible tracking updates. For my FedEx package the last update was "In Transit" to Portland OR on the 20th and my UPS shipment has been on the truck out for delivery on the 22nd. Has anyone seen any flipped over UPS or FedEx trucks in the area? If so, snag my new monitor and computer case for me will ya!

Merry Christmas and sorry to all those who didn't receive gifts and packages for loved ones in time, for me Christmas will just carry on for a few more days. :p

Im in Beaverton Or, and UPS has been delivering my package for extra 2 days, its stil not here. SUCKS MAN

Im in Beaverton Or, and UPS has been delivering my package for extra 2 days, its stil not here. SUCKS MAN

Right now UPS is concentrating on getting Next Day Air out that is serviceable and holding off on the stuff that missed service until they will be able to get the stuff out.

We have a record setting snowfall here. Like, most snow the Portland area has ever seen this month since they've been keeping records. You can't honestly blame UPS for the delay.

I live in WA too and the weather has been bad. UPS did deliver to us on Tuesday, but not Weds. USPS hasn't delievered any packages for about a week. We've got basic mail (ads), but no packages. I understand its a busy time and the weather sucked so no biggy. My grip though is with Amazon. I bought a watch for my sister using prime (free 2 day shipping) and they sent me the top of the watch box. I called them and they couldn't replace it because it was out of stock. I checked online and another amazon merchant had it in stock, so I called them back. I had to pay $30 for 2 day shipping and they would only comp $15 of the shipping. So their mistake cost me $15.

I ordered a week before Xmas and paid for speedy shipping. Pkg is still held up in a local processing plant. Boohiss to UPS, for once I wish it was shipped USPS...

I ordered a new GTX 260 Maxcore with ground shipping at 5pm on Christmas Eve and UPS delivered it at 6am on Christmas Day. OK j/k I'm a liar.

I have to give props to UPS and USPS. I had a bunch of last minute gifts that I figured wouldn't make it in time. I came home to stacks of boxes on xmas eve,

Well, UPS came yesterday and the weather was MUCH worse then the three days before Christmas, I bet they were regretting that decision, but I'm happy I didn't have to wait until Monday

Fedex seems to be the worst for me (in seattle as well) had 2 overnight packages one was suppose to arrive on Monday (when things weren't bad at all) the other on Wednesday. Neither package got delivered and both were just sitting in there seattle location until I picked them up around 5 yesterday. What pisses me off though is that they did deliver a ground shipment to my house yesterday. You can't blame the weather for not delivering overnighted packages when you are delivering ground packages.

Back