UPS Delivers $400K Drone To Wrong Person

400K?

it would be cheaper to make the thing of solid fucking gold it sounds like. not as flight capable... but cheaper.

couple questions.

assuming that the mailing address on the box had the CORRECT address (in other words, not this guy's house) did he essentially admit to and provide evidence of breaking some law by posting pictures of the opened package?

assuming that the mailing address on the box was indeed his address, is it his to keep? from his point of view it was mailed TO HIM. in my eyes it's his to keep, destroy, maybe reverse engineer (depending on patents and such), or whatever the heck he want to do.

couple questions.

assuming that the mailing address on the box had the CORRECT address (in other words, not this guy's house) did he essentially admit to and provide evidence of breaking some law by posting pictures of the opened package? Assuming that the mailing address on the box was indeed his address, is it his to keep? from his point of view it was mailed TO HIM. in my eyes it's his to keep, destroy, maybe reverse engineer (depending on patents and such), or whatever the heck he want to do.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...1133715&kql=180&kqpfp=13756658536134008829#kq

Turns out the address label had his name and address and nothing on the exterior indicated that the contents were federal property. Incidentally, he had ordered a weight set off amazon which arrived on exactly the same day as part of the same delivery.

Guy is totally in the clear, assuming he makes a good faith effort to return it.

Government need to find a better contractor that makes those 400k toys. But on the other hand. I'll bid to sell a 15cent washer for $2.50 each :cool:

If you think about it, this is a pretty good disarmament program.
Everyday folks wont know how to use it, and won't kill innocent brown people.

No surprise here. UPS one time delivered a airplane "black box" to my work place instead of to Lufthansa (IN GERMANY!) as it said on the label.

Actually he can open it since it was addressed to him, when he noticed the federal tag though he should re package it. I think he did everything right, nothing was marked secret so the photo is fine.

Um...since when is NOAA the "military"? This is a weather/wildlife drone.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the drone was shipped in eight boxes, of which only one was mistakenly delivered to this guy. The contents are not useful to him.

I thought these drones came assembled. I guess assembly required. LOL.

So if UPS loses the package somehow, can the US Govt claim for 400k?

I just hope they will not be pissed at the guy for posting pics of their drone online. Then again, there isn't much going on there. Its old tech.

One good thing came out of that tough, now we know were Nintendo got his idea for the Wii U controller. Or maybe they are the ones making the drones?! :eek: hehe

I thought these drones came assembled. I guess assembly required. LOL.

So if UPS loses the package somehow, can the US Govt claim for 400k?

ToS says no.

UPS said:
UPS's liability for loss or damage is limited to US$100.00 on shipments with no declared value. If the value of your goods exceeds US$100.00, you can declare a higher value, up to US$50,000.00 per package, or US$100,000 per pallet for UPS Worldwide Express FreightSM (subject to terms and conditions) by entering the declared value in the UPS shipping system used and paying an additional charge.
I see no pallet, so looks like $50k max, if they declared it at $400k. If they didn't declare the value, then $100.

Back