Uploading Multiple Images with limited source code, help please.

ReTiCuLeX

Gawd
Trying to figure out a back-end tool for my CMS that will either merge multiple photos in to one image source or if there's a way to generate code that refers image code to one image source. The whole idea I am looking to do is to reduce viability by Craigslist servers.

If this is not allowed by the forum to ask, or know. Please delete thread Moderator. I apologize ahead of time if that's the case. I am just trying to help a friend.

Trying to figure out a back-end tool for my CMS that will either merge multiple photos in to one image source or if there's a way to generate code that refers image code to one image source.
The whole idea I am looking to do is to reduce viability by Craigslist servers.
This description sounds different than your thread title. Are you trying to create a gallery of photos in your CMS, have an upload manager for bulk content loads, or generate an image collage by doing some bit-fiddling of several pictures already uploaded? And how is Craigslist even related to your CMS? What does "reduce viability" mean in this context?

I just don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Last edited:
My friend has a website that he's trying to implement specific tools in to the back-end of his site. His goal is to reduce his workload with these tools. Basically right now he's going in to paint or Photoshop to take roughly 5 photos and make them into one photo so he has less source code that is written since it's just one image and not 5.

It's for his Craigslist ad because he says if he has too much source code, the craigslist server will ghost his ads. I really appreciate your help by the way.

My friend has a website that he's trying to implement specific tools in to the back-end of his site. His goal is to reduce his workload with these tools. Basically right now he's going in to paint or Photoshop to take roughly 5 photos and make them into one photo so he has less source code that is written since it's just one image and not 5.

It's for his Craigslist ad because he says if he has too much source code, the craigslist server will ghost his ads.
So the real issue is that your friend has hit the (IIRC) 1000 character limit to the post description, and is trying to find ways to fit more details into a CL ad.

I don't have any suggestions on bulk photo mergers, and, honestly, I doubt your friend would want a mesh/collage used in an advertisement generated by the whim of an app.

Other ideas I can think of:
- Use shorter Urls in "img" markup tags. ("bitly" comes to mind.)
- Add verbiage to the images themselves; there's no increase in character counts for markup.
- CL supports a separate image upload, somewhere around 5-10 images. So why this feature is insufficient for your friend is unknown.
- Simply be more concise in the ad. Tough to provide specifics, so you'll need to help your friend evaluate whether there's an excessive amount of detail.

Thank you very much. I relayed this to him. It was very helpful PNTL.

So the real issue is that your friend has hit the (IIRC) 1000 character limit to the post description, and is trying to find ways to fit more details into a CL ad.

I don't have any suggestions on bulk photo mergers, and, honestly, I doubt your friend would want a mesh/collage used in an advertisement generated by the whim of an app.

Other ideas I can think of:
- Use shorter Urls in "img" markup tags. ("bitly" comes to mind.)
- Add verbiage to the images themselves; there's no increase in character counts for markup.
- CL supports a separate image upload, somewhere around 5-10 images. So why this feature is insufficient for your friend is unknown.
- Simply be more concise in the ad. Tough to provide specifics, so you'll need to help your friend evaluate whether there's an excessive amount of detail.

Back