Uplay brings out the rage in me

Frraksurred

2[H]4U
Don't know about any of you, but the only thing this software seems successful at doing is erasing all my game saves... repeatedly.

Just tried firing up Black Flag, which I'd finished with 100% sync a couple weeks after its release, and everything was gone. It did the same thing to Blacklist 3 times. I've been lucky with FC3, but I'm afraid to push it.

I submitted a ticket (again) in the hopes they will get the code (equivalent to shite) together before Unity or FC4 comes out, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll be backing everything up manually regardless.

Last edited:
Googling for "uplay losing saves" shows that doing manual non-cloud saves is the way to go, especially for AC4 which has some serious issues with saving: "The in-game save icon will keep spinning and WILL NOT go away. When that happens, quit your game, because your saves have just stopped working."

always disable 'enable cloud save synchronization' in the Uplay settings...ever since I ran into issues with Uplay erasing some of my AC: Brotherhood saves I always disable the cloud and now things work perfectly with Uplay

Uplay is rather crappy. About a week ago I tried signing on a couple of days in a row. It would not log in. Actually, it would do nothing. Not even attempt to sign in, or give any error message after entering my password/user name. :confused: I could log in fine on Ubisoft's webpage though...

It has a long way to go to even match Origin. Forget about Steam.

Disable cloud saves. Lost progress in AC IV BF after about 35% sync. Nearly broke the internet. Thankfully the game had me by the balls and I restarted and completed it.

absolute garbage, will not suffer it on my box

and I am missing features of Rocksmith, that I paid good money for, because I refuse to load that crap

Always do manual backups. I still have no idea wtf Steam saves, because it's not any relevant save games from me.

If people are buying, they will continue using it.

I am fine with Uplay. The cloud, not so much.
Have about 20 games on Uplay and no issues except one that I listed above.

If you still want cloud saves, but don't want to deal with the uplay (or steam for that matter) code, you can do what I do for games that don't support it...

Create a save games folder in one of the cloud disk providers (Box, onedrive, etc). Now find where the game saves and create a sym link for that folder into your new save cloud disk folder. This way, any data written to the game saves folder is going to sync "to the cloud".

Won't stop a game from messing up your saves, but if it's the save to cloud code, it might save you some frustrations.

The uplay cloud save has been handy when I wanted to play Farcry 3 from another PC in my house. No complaints there.

However, no lan support and forcing me to use Uplay for private coop matches is a huge pain the ass. Each attempt results in "failed to join game".

It's not like the cloud saves in Steam are much better. I've had them eat progress, fail to sync, and straight up get deleted as well. As far as I'm concerned using an automated cloud service for your save games is just asking for trouble.

Back