Upgrading to ROG Crosshair VIII Hero and 3900X. Any tips? Suggestions?

Despotes

Gawd
Oc'ing guide for this board?
Also, I can't post anything at the Asus ROG forums for some reason. I get an access denied error when I click submit. Been that way for a week now. Anybody else have issues posting there?

When I had that combo, I got a 360 AIO and let the Precision Boost do it's thing. The only setting I changed was the memory timings.

I've gotten a lot out of this thread here give it a read.
I'm at 4450 all cores using Ryzen Master which works quite well for me but if you want to dial in manual OC the tread is indispensable.

I've gotten a lot out of this thread here give it a read.
I'm at 4450 all cores using Ryzen Master which works quite well for me but if you want to dial in manual OC the tread is indispensable.
Thanks. After watching Jayztwocents point out all of the wrong stock voltage settings on things I've never heard of not to mention the rest of the options I know nothing about--AMD--, a guide is something I really need.

With the current bios revision (1201), only the VCORE is still off at 1.4125v optimized defaults. I set it to 1.325v and enable XMP or D.O.C.P. in Asus bios everything else is auto for me. I use Ryzen Master for overclock which works great except you have to apply the OC after every reboot because there is no way to make it start with windows. Personally I have no problem with that because the only time I enable the OC is when benching or gaming to get those few extra points or FPS otherwise I'm basically at stock running cool quiet and low power. Like I said if you want to get in the weeds and set up your OC manually that thread is the place to go for how to and good advice.

Back