Upgrading My PC and Building One with My Daughter

Setan

Limp Gawd
My daughter is in need up a PC with a big more power and it was just the excuse I needed to upgrade mine and pass on the parts to her. She's 9 and generally plays Roblox, MineCraft, Feed and Grow: Fish, Amazing Frog, etc. Her current PC is just something I grabbed from work as we were upgrading the business desktops last year so it can barely handle these games.

I pretty much have what I need lined up, but as I haven't beenin the upgrade world in some time, I'd like some opinions from any of your to make sure I'm not making and glaring mistakes. I'm at the moment just looking to upgrade my hardware to handle 4K video editing from drone footage and later in the year, putting a decent video card ($300-$400 range) in it to handle some gaming. Here's my plan:

1585230425069.png

Any issue with the base setup under "My New PC"? Any better recommendation? Also, could anyone recommend the best bet on a video card around $200 for my daughters new PC?

1660 Super is the sweet spot for the $200ish bracket at the moment IMO. However a vanilla 1660 is also plenty for the games she is playing.

As for your new machine - since you mentioned some video editing-I would look at 32gb of ram or make sure that you have a board with 4 slots to add more in the future if you need it.

Other than that it all looks fine to me!

Reactions: Setan
like this
1660 Super is the sweet spot for the $200ish bracket at the moment IMO. However a vanilla 1660 is also plenty for the games she is playing.

As for your new machine - since you mentioned some video editing-I would look at 32gb of ram or make sure that you have a board with 4 slots to add more in the future if you need it.

Other than that it all looks fine to me!

I think I may just go for this combo after your suggestion of a board with 4 slots. Seems reasonable.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Comb...955087&Description=ryzen 3700X&quicklink=true

Thanks for the card suggestion as well! I'll grab one of those.

Back