Upgrading my Lian-li V2000

infin@

Gawd
In honour of Fragapalooza, a local Lan event, I have decided to upgrade my system, figured I'd share it here. I am looking for advice, suggestions are welcome.

Stage One:
i7 920 -->2600k
Asus P6T Se --> Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 3x2gb Triple Channel --> Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600 2x4gb Dual Channel (Latency is the same for both, 8-8-8-24)
XFX ATI 4890 1gb --> XFX ATI 6950 2gb
3 Terabytes --> 4 Terabytes
Vista Ultimate 64 --> Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stage Two will be:

A second 6950, SSD, watercooling GPUs.

I have some questions for you guys:
I currently have my P6T motherboard liquid cooled. (North + South bridges and one set of mosfets)
Should I bother liquid cooling my P8P67 Deluxe? I'm shooting for 4.5-5.0ghz. I have to install my motherboard upside down in my case so I am a bit worried about the heatpipe heatsink on it.

I have to radiator installed in my case, a 120.3 on the bottom and a 120.2 on the back. Is this overkill?

I have a question about airflow, here's a basic sketch of my system. Thinking about changing it. Suggestions?

unledfto.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Your PSU sucks in the back and blows into the case? Did you mod it to do that or is that a mistake? It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

I made blowholes in the top of my PC-V2000 and made the back fan blow in cool air over the CPU/mobo area. If I were to add radiators to your PC-V2000, I would add the holes to the top maybe.

Even better, if you drilled holes along the bottom edge of both side panels, you could mount the radiators (dual 120.3's or 120.4's maybe?) on their sides (long ways ,same place as where your bottom acrylic window is, but on both sides) in the bottom so that one side blows in and the other blows out. This way, the air is in and out very fast and with a direct shot through both radiators so in a way, they help each other. If you wanted to add another radiator, you could just sammich it in between. Then you dont have a radiator hanging off the back, you dont need the two 80mm fans by the PSU, etc. Simpler, stronger.

If you're asking about order, I would suggest going to win 7 first and then the vid card next. These two will likely net you the biggest "experience difference". The newer i7s are great, but yours is not bad by any stretch. Also, you have plenty of ram for most work.

I wouldn't think going to the 2600 is that great of a step up even from a well overclocked 920; its what I have as well and I just plan to hold out for a socket 2011.

Your PSU sucks in the back and blows into the case? Did you mod it to do that or is that a mistake? It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

That was a mistake. Oops.

I wouldn't think going to the 2600 is that great of a step up even from a well overclocked 920; its what I have as well and I just plan to hold out for a socket 2011.

I know its a minor step up, I just did a build for a friend and figured it was good time to step up for little or no cost to me.

Thanks for the advice guys, I plan on trying a few different configurations and see which one yields the best temperatures.

Back