Upgrading my cards worth it?

Island

Gawd
Sup fellas...I know it all comes down to what I feel is worth it, but I wanted some of my [H] brethren' input. I've had my 2 Original Titans since launch 2013, and they have performed awesome for me and still do. I max out pretty much all games, but have started to notice with the newest games, there is more of an issue now keeping all settings at max if I want to maintain 60 FPS.

I was going to wait for Pascal, but now I am thinking of picking up 2 980Ti's and selling my Titans on EBay. I actually thought of keeping them though, due to nostalgia and knowing I had one of the first Uber $$ cards Nvidia brought to the table. You guys think it would be a significant upgrade? Money really isn't an issue, but I don't like just wasting money if I don't have to. thanks for any replies.

2x 980TI will be a considerably big upgrade over 2x vanilla Titans, if money isn't a issue then go for it you won't regret.. im even venturing that in recent gaming you will find a smoother gameplay and better performance even with a single 980TI.

I upgraded to two TIs from 2 290xs, and I see about a 1/3 increase in performance in Heaven with all the dials turned up. (including extreme tessellation), which honestly isn't as big a jump as I would have thought. Don't get me wrong, The Witcher 3 (the only game I've been playing lately) is buttah smooth now, but I'm almost done with that. Personally, I'd wait until there was a game that I cared about that I couldn't play the way I wanted before upgrading. Should that happen, then upgrade, but if not, wait until the next generation.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I know Pascal is at least another year out, so I could either enjoy max settings with smooth FPS or dialed back settings just a little bit and still have smooth gameplay...I do love upgrading though :D

Back