Upgrading from Radeon X1900 XT

drew829

n00b
I'm planing to replace my Radeon X1900 XT 512MB video card with a new DX10 card but not sure what to get. Can anyone recommend one that is under $200?

Id have to look at banchies but if you go with a DX10 card that cheap you wouldnt really gain any performance. Id save up more money to be honest and buy a bigger card.

not really anything out there for 200$ thats going to run well, that supports dx10

I'm planing to replace my Radeon X1900 XT 512MB video card with a new DX10 card but not sure what to get. Can anyone recommend one that is under $200?

I have the same card. Like others said, the cheapest thing that's actually an upgrade is $270.
I want more of a performance leap than that. I'd wait at least until November when the refresh cards should be out. But even then, a superior card to an X1900XT 512mb will probably be over $200.

I have the same card. Like others said, the cheapest thing that's actually an upgrade is $270.
I want more of a performance leap than that. I'd wait at least until November when the refresh cards should be out. But even then, a superior card to an X1900XT 512mb will probably be over $200.

What he said...

Wait for the next gen.

x1900xt's still sell on ebay for $150-$180, if you are willing to sell your current card to pay for an upgrade.

lol dont do it.
I wouldnt get the 2900XT, the 2900 Pro is even slower!

Listen again to post #4
I'd get the 640MB card but thats quite a way out of your budget.

I listen to you guys so I found a card that under $300

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102706

There are very few games that utilize DX10 as of now, only couple of them really bring it's beuty out. Call of Jurez and World in Conflict. Call of Jurez I do not recall as being such a great game, and World in Conflict is really poweer hungry. Even if you get 2900pro or 320mb 8800gts I really do not see you running it maxed out with DX10 effects. I would sell your card and wait until November. By then, I believe that we will see some price drops, or refreshed cards at lower MSRP.

Back