Upgrading from an SSD to a newer model - worth it?

chineseman

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm a dummy when it comes to this stuff so I have to ask is it worth it to upgrade from an early generation SSD to a newer one? I currently have the following drives: Intel X25-M G2 80GB (I use this for Windows 7 and commonly used programs) and a Crucial C300 128gb (my Steam/game drive).

I've been a good boy for the most part these past couple years so I haven't upgraded in a while but the itch is getting bigger lately. I'm already planning to upgrade my GPU after the NDA is lifted on AMD's new stuff but I'm wondering if there are any other worthwhile upgrades for my system such as the SSD's.

250GB Samsung EVO or 256GB Samsung 840 PRO although as far as performance goes it will not be an earth shattering improvement.

I'd say no. I have just added additional SSD's (of capacity I want) to an existing system without reinstalling, then migrate some data to them as needed.

I'd say only if you're running out of space on them. Besides write speeds, you probably won't notice much of a difference other than in benchmarks.

Me too with no; unless you want / need extra space. I did and am happy with my upgrades.

Back