Upgrading from 1080 to 1080 ti..

UrbN

Limp Gawd
Thinking of going from a EVGA 1080 FTW to a Asus Strix 1080 TI oc. Will I notice the gains in gaming from going to the Strix.? Running dual monitors, 34" Asus ROG and 27" Asus Rog. I do play A LOT of new titles ( For Honor, Ghost Recon, GTA 5, WOW, etc.. ) Money isnt an issue, thinking I can turn around and sell the FTW, was curious and reading reviews so much, and just seeing more advanced thoughts on the situation, Thanks in advance!.

Unless those are 60hz monitors, yeah you will notice gains.

it will be faster , but wont make it a different experience
i would wait at least for another generation of cards .

Thinking of going from a EVGA 1080 FTW to a Asus Strix 1080 TI oc. Will I notice the gains in gaming from going to the Strix.? Running dual monitors, 34" Asus ROG and 27" Asus Rog. I do play A LOT of new titles ( For Honor, Ghost Recon, GTA 5, WOW, etc.. ) Money isnt an issue, thinking I can turn around and sell the FTW, was curious and reading reviews so much, and just seeing more advanced thoughts on the situation, Thanks in advance!.

What FPS do you see now? Will seeing a 20-30% bump in that FPS be noticeable to you?

it will be faster , but wont make it a different experience
i would wait at least for another generation of cards .

Wow thanks for the quick replies! The 34 is 100hz and the 27 is 144.. I guess i was curious if id see more constant frames. I do like to keep up to date with technology.

Most of the games i notice 80+ and thats on high / ultra settings for most games..

So do you think you'll notice going from 80fps to 100fps? If you think so, then go for it. If not, it may not be worth the upgrade price.

I'm old and I don't play fast twitch type games, so I would personally put the cash in the bank and wait for Volta and maybe a 4k monitor upgrade in the future.

Back