Upgraded to windows 8, can't get it back

i recently upgraded to windows 8, and i had to reinstall it, and i couldnt due to the fact that i only had an upgrade copy, so i reinstalled windows 7 and i need to know how to reinstall windows 8 without ordering another product key. i do currently have my windows 8 product key.

If you have to reactive you can just call MS. It's a pretty quick and painless call but if it's the same hardware with no changes I don' think you'll have to do that.

i recently upgraded to windows 8, and i had to reinstall it, and i couldnt due to the fact that i only had an upgrade copy, so i reinstalled windows 7 and i need to know how to reinstall windows 8 without ordering another product key. i do currently have my windows 8 product key.

I am guessing you did an inplace upgrade and did not save it to ISO/CD/USB ?

Look at the email you got with your key on it, it should have a link to download the ISO. From that you can burn it to cd or usb and upgrade or even install fresh without windows 7.

It is at the top of your order. It will say.
-------------------------

This is your receipt - make sure to print or save a copy for your records.
If you need to download Windows, write down your new product key and enter it here.

-----------------------------

You click "here" and it will link you.

Thanks, so i just go the iso, and a program to burn it to la flash drive, so all i do is boot from the flash drive and it will start the installation process?

Back