Upgraded from a 6950 to a GTX 780 and my Windows Experience Index Score went down?

Ltor

Limp Gawd
Just installed this OC'ed GTX 780 graphics card, which is way more powerful than anything else in my 2 year old computer. When i updated my windows score it dropped in both graphics and hard drive speed...what in the world is going on? My performance in some games hasnt improved.

YlsYRoV.png

Whoa. It may be the latest Nvidia drivers.
I noticed this yesterday on my pc as well. Just a month or so ago my WEI hard drive score was 7.6 or so (ssd). Then yesterday I saw 5.9. Nothing has changed hardware wise for me. I checked all my cables, tried different ones, changed sata ports to each and every one and no change from the 5.9.
It makes me wonder if the drivers somehow have actually managed to affect my speed, as I was under the impression that WEI (as useless as it is), actually measured speed.

Just installed this OC'ed GTX 780 graphics card, which is way more powerful than anything else in my 2 year old computer. When i updated my windows score it dropped in both graphics and hard drive speed...what in the world is going on? My performance in some games hasnt improved.

:eek::p LOL !! You are paying much more attention to windows ranking than you should !!
Do you want me to tell you, the score of my GeForce 450GTS ? 7,2 !!!
Which means that if Windows ranking was in 100 % scale, the 450 would be ranked with 91,13 % !!! You think that 91/100 is a logical result for a card like 450 ?? :p
I only pay attention to windows ranking, only for educational interest, nothing more !!;)

My WEI is still 3.0 or whatever it comes as from a fresh install. That's how much it means and matters to your actually computer capabilities.

Ignore it. Use real world gaming to give you a real idea of the difference. Once you play something .. you won't need some dumb performance number Windows generates to notice the difference.

Also, what games hasn't it improved in? Are they games that were already running at max settings before the upgrade?

doesn't the wei scale dynamically change with time, version, and even components?

Also, what games hasn't it improved in? Are they games that were already running at max settings before the upgrade?

I think the games i'm not seeing an improvement in are games that are very cpu intensive and thus my graphics card was never the lowest common denominator my cpu was. I'll have to figure out how to overclock my old sandybridge cpu and see if that helps.

WEI is garbage. That's really all there is to say. It is certainly not a meaningful benchmark, go play some games and ensure that your system is flushed of old drivers, and has updated NV drivers.

WEI doesn't run newer cards with variable clock speeds at maximum. There is a reason they removed it in 8.1, it is totally useless and worrying about it won't get you anywhere.

:eek::p LOL !! You are paying much more attention to windows ranking than you should !!
Do you want me to tell you, the score of my GeForce 450GTS ? 7,2 !!!
Which means that if Windows ranking was in 100 % scale, the 450 would be ranked with 91,13 % !!! You think that 91/100 is a logical result for a card like 450 ?? :p
I only pay attention to windows ranking, only for educational interest, nothing more !!;)

You have to remember that the WEI isn't set up for gaming or anything over what the common consumer uses. A 450GTS is more than capable of performing all Windows tasks, whether it be watching movies, web browsing, etc. If you consider the WEI as a benchmark then you are wrong.

There might be a logic to the way WEI works; when I put in an SSD and overclocked my memory, my CPU and GPU score went down. Maybe it's trying to compensate for/pinpoint bottlenecks?

In other words, it's mule shit and you should ignore it. Use an actual benchmark program or just record your own results from stuff you do regularly, like games.

Back