Upgrade Windows 8 RP to Final RTM

Khalsa

n00b
hi,all

Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 8 Release Preview Evaluation Copy Build 8400,
installed with key TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF ,
to RTM build 9200, by known methods .(this doesot work)

I'm not allowed to enter/change to a new key to activate Release Preview Win 8.

Neither am I allowed to add features using the WMC upgrade key.

rcu73l.png

I can't activate it using WMC upgrade/phone activation.

I've installed Release Preview build 8400.
MinClient =8377.0
MinServer=8370.0

Please advice
Thanx

Last edited:
There is no supported way to upgrade from a prerelease build to an RTM build. Anything you try can and will leave your system in an awkward state with various settings and permissions incorrect that can cause system instability and will be 100% unsupportable. Just do a clean install.

Yeah obviously you need a disk for the version you want to upgrade to.

Anything you try can and will leave your system in an awkward state with various settings and permissions incorrect that can cause system instability

Most of the shit we do around here isn't supported and voids all warranties. But don't act like it will explode when actually it works fine. My primary win7 machine started off as some dev version and got upgraded multiple times, working fine to this day. Even without the cversion trick, at a bare minimum you should be able to just run setup from the new disk and migrate the user directory:

I upgraded from the 8 RP to 8 Enterprise RTM w/o any issues. I don't care if MS supports such or not. Since I got it to work, I was quite happy.

Back