Upgrade Warner HD-DVDs to Blu-Ray

wow... seems interesting... I might be down for this... ty op.

I wish something like this was available for SD DVD to BD.

I will keep all my HDDVDs thank you very much. Not worth it imo because the trade in selection sucks.

I will keep all my HDDVDs thank you very much. Not worth it imo because the trade in selection sucks.

Ok, learn to read. YOU DONT SEND IN THE ACTUAL DISC. You just send the little insert and money, and they send you back the Bluray

Ok, learn to read. YOU DONT SEND IN THE ACTUAL DISC. You just send the little insert and money, and they send you back the Bluray
Still costs $5 per disc and then $7 shipping. No reason to do this if you still use an HD-DVD player for upconverting regular dvd's. My HD-XA2 seems to do better than my PS3 for that purpose..

Read the fine print

The replacement Blu-ray version of the Participating Title may have different
special features and/or bonus material
than contained on the HD DVD version
of the Participating Title, including much less or no special features and/or bonus
material
, and/or the Blu-ray version may have a different aspect ratio (e.g., may
be full screen instead of wide screen or vice versa) and/or the Blu-ray version may
have a different rating or no rating.

:rolleyes:

Still think it's a good deal?

Read the fine print

The replacement Blu-ray version of the Participating Title may have different
special features and/or bonus material than contained on the HD DVD version
of the Participating Title, including much less or no special features and/or bonus
material, and/or the Blu-ray version may have a different aspect ratio (e.g., may
be full screen instead of wide screen or vice versa) and/or the Blu-ray version may
have a different rating or no rating.

:rolleyes:

Still think it's a good deal?

1) You're still keeping your HD-DVD discs, so no real loss.
2) It's a good deal. BD versions may be different, but that doesn't necessarily means they'll be worse.

Still costs $5 per disc and then $7 shipping. No reason to do this if you still use an HD-DVD player for upconverting regular dvd's. My HD-XA2 seems to do better than my PS3 for that purpose..

$7 shipping for the *entire* order. Some are getting the wrong impression that the $6.95 shipping is per title. The more you grab, the cheaper the shipping comes out per copy.

Batman Begins
Ultimate Matrix
Blade Runner (complete collectors)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
300 (disc would hang on a chapter and I would have to skip one ahead then seek back...)
Corpse Bride

$60. Not bad, I bit.

I was really careful in buying HD-DVD and BluRay as I didn't buy too many, the above is more than 75% of my HD-DVD library.

Curses, I threw away the paper backing for my Matrix Set....maybe I'll still just send in The Matrix...really wanted the whole smash though:(

I wonder if it would make sense to buy cheap hd-dvds from amazon and trade them in

Sidenote: I wish amazon had an option to sort by Warner

Interesting deal. I have about 30 HD-DVDs. I am confident that they will make in-expensive players that will play both formats and DIVX cds soon enough so there will be no need to change over. Unless of course you want to play them at a friends house who only has blu-ray.

Too bad they don't offer an upgrade of the Matrix collection I have. They do for the of the sets but not the other, which is the one I have. Lame.

I've been using my GGC-H20L to rip all my HD-DVD's (~15) to a NAS toaster box. When I am done, I'll upgrading to the Blu-Ray versions that Warner has, then fleaBay the HD-DVD's. Worth the effort and $$$.

So i can send in my crappy streets of fire, and doom and have them on BD. Awesome, crap for crap.

It's kind of a good deal. Converting HD-DVD to Blu-Ray is time consuming and the blu-ray blanks still are pretty spendy.

I think this is pretty great deal. My real concern is they're just going to send a disc and some cover art (or none) and no case or anything.

I don't have any warner movies on HD-DVD, except the Matrix and my version is the other one.

True, but you DO have to send them the artwork from the HD-DVD case.

I know it's trivial, but I kinda like having the artwork on my cases... lol

Even still... considering it.

I'm considering it as well. If it were an actual 'trade-in' I wouldn't bother, but I can live without the artwork.

$7 shipping for the *entire* order. Some are getting the wrong impression that the $6.95 shipping is per title. The more you grab, the cheaper the shipping comes out per copy.
Which is why I said "$5 per disc and then $7 for shipping"...not each.;)

Which is why I said "$5 per disc and then $7 for shipping"...not each.;)

Sucks for me since I only have one Warner Bros HD DVD (still shrink wrapped) Caddyshack. Which is not available for transfer because its not on Blu Ray yet? It says to be released on some sites

I really don't think I'm the only one that sees physical disks going the way of the dinosaur soon given the prices of HDDs. It sounds like a good deal, but for the price you pay you can get a HDD to back up all of your movies.

Don't get me wrong it's not a bad deal, it's just not really necessary...why trade formats or pay to supplement one with the other??

Back