Upgrade to a 27-inch, high-definition IPS monitor with game-smoothing FreeSync tech for $100

erek

[H]F Junkie
Spoiler: it's only 1080p

"Overall, this is an excellent looking monitor at an outstanding price. At just $100, and with ultra-slim bezels, you might want to even grab two for a killer multi-monitor setup."

aocfreesync-100820932-large.jpg

https://www.pcworld.com/article/348...ith-game-smoothing-freesync-tech-for-100.html

AOCs are not all that bad. I have 2 of them on my work setup. But what pisses me off is that most of these "gaming" monitors now do not have provision for a VESA mount now. That is NO BUENO for me!

Multimonitor without VESA is lame. Not bad looking monitors, but how do you mount them.

Reactions: erek
like this
Sounds maybe like something for the "Hot Deals" subforum, but good info none the less...

Interesting, but at only 75Hz and only 1080p, its not really a significant upgrade for most. (I'm currently on 1080p 60Hz, 27" AOC, definitely doesn't make any sense for me.)

The refresh rate range is a significant part of the spec for a gaming monitor. 75Hz max? That's practically rock bottom performance. (I only know of old 60Hz panels being slower)

The article quote "should make a solid everyday display", if they mean surfing the web, sure.

For gaming, it's pretty much on the shit-end. I'd never recommend this thing...

Yea not really wanting to mess with 75hz for gaming. Maybe decent office work monitor but for sure not much of a gaming monitor IMO. Display port would be nice for multi setup so in the case of my 1080 I wouldnt need dp to hdmi adapters.

Did you get paid to post this? It kind of smacks of it with the click baiting title.

It's the actual title of the article, he just copy/pasted.

If it was 144hz I'd get it. Not a bad deal otherwise.

Back