Upgrade + SLI

Ripbrood

Limp Gawd
Never done this before so looking to see what I would gain from it honestly. Been researching and just seeing better fps which I would like. So planning to get another monitor as why I am considering this but I know first I need to upgrade to a higher power supply which I have already got and just need to install. New power supply is Corsair RM850 850 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply. Now looking at just going with 2 GTX 770 as my options and what else do I need to consider for this upgrade.

You've got more than enough juice in that PSU. Just make sure that there are enough PCI-E cables (6 pin) and that your motherboard supports SLI.

Sounds good. Using a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ on box shows supports SLI. Should I do 2 GTX 770 2gb per card or 2 GTX 760 4 gb per card

Sounds good. Using a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ on box shows supports SLI. Should I do 2 GTX 770 2gb per card or 2 GTX 760 4 gb per card

760's aren't really powerful enough to make use of that 4gb Vram for the most part. Go with the 770's.

Thanks for the input on this and very much appreciate it. Going with the 770's than unless 780's drop in price some haha

Back