Upgrade PS3 to PS4 for free...? What the hell?

zamardii12

2[H]4U
Okay, so this isn't what you think. This dude literally just put the PS4 OS onto a PS3 using a PS4 disc. He even says at the end that it'll play the PS4 games... this can't be true. Can it?

https://youtu.be/TrpDIV5shcU

Okay... after watching this kid's videos and reading some of the comments I am pretty sure ALL his shit is fake. Can someone tell me how the hell to delete a thread I created? I click on edit/delete and I see no delete buttons.

I'm watching this in disbelief even if you update the OS on the PS3 no way can half of the games run due to the CPU and internal onboard graphics limitations. He even says most games won't run at the end of the video.

Description

I'm Joe and I usually make technology humor videos. On my channel you'll find absolutely absurd tutorials that may look real, but are not (that's the joke!).

If you're a fan of absurd and weird humor, I think you might like my stuff!

It's a humor channel,

Okay, so this isn't what you think. This dude literally just put the PS4 OS onto a PS3 using a PS4 disc. He even says at the end that it'll play the PS4 games... this can't be true. Can it?

Okay... after watching this kid's videos and reading some of the comments I am pretty sure ALL his shit is fake. Can someone tell me how the hell to delete a thread I created? I click on edit/delete and I see no delete buttons.
How could you for a moment take this serious? Did you not even consider the hardware implications? You know, upgrading a 10 year old, Cell, 2 core CPU and 512MB of ram to a x86 8 core CPU with 8GB of ram by just installing a new OS?

I think this establishes a new benchmark for how gullible people may be :)

"Help, I accidentally installed ps5 but now I can't play games because the devs haven't released anything WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!?!?!"

How could you for a moment take this serious? Did you not even consider the hardware implications? You know, upgrading a 10 year old, Cell, 2 core CPU and 512MB of ram to a x86 8 core CPU with 8GB of ram by just installing a new OS?

Maybe he thought the kid was able to unleash the full, untapped power of Cell! :D

Woah, it actually worked! Now I can finally play some metal gear solid

They are different architectures.

How did you find this forum, you definitely aren't [H], you lack even the most fundamental understanding of how computers work.

Wow, it worked on my Sega CD too! All that money I wasted on all these newer consoles! :mad:

I'm gonna attempt this with my old Tiger Electronics Batman watch. Wish me luck.

They are different architectures.

How did you find this forum, you definitely aren't [H], you lack even the most fundamental understanding of how computers work.

Okay... i've been coming here for a heluva long time (12 years under a different username)... Nobody is perfect and I got duped... hell, I even tried to delete the thread after I made it but I couldn't figure out how to do it (which nobody has answered yet).

You have to admit... the video looked pretty damn convincing. I know the different architectures and everything which is why after I posted it I immediately was like, there's just no fucking way this is possible. What I literally thought was maybe the OS was being virtualized and running right off the disc or something... who fucking know... lol. I got duped for approximately 1 minute, lets move on.

P.S. To the Mods... can you please make a obvious delete button when editing a post? It'd be great to just have a easy way to delete your own post within a certain time-frame.

Eh... I don't really see anything wrong with believing shit online... Unless it can affect you, what does it really matter. If you attempted to do something like this.... then it might matter... I can believe there is a Nigerian prince waiting to give me billions of dollars, but if I don't actually do anything.. really what difference does it make.

Odd side note, as much as I hear about these scams, I don't think I've ever gotten one before. Makes me feel left out. =(

The dude's channel is full of these types of videos, this one is just subtle enough to trick lots of people... I guess.

The 1080p to 4K one is pretty good too.
https://youtu.be/Jf9OZd2a5rU
I can see tons of people falling for that...

The dude's channel is full of these types of videos, this one is just subtle enough to trick lots of people... I guess.

The 1080p to 4K one is pretty good too.
https://youtu.be/Jf9OZd2a5rU
I can see tons of people falling for that...

Yeah probably the best troll i've ever seen my entire life which is probably why he doesn't have a insane amount of dislikes... it's like people can't be too mad b/c he is such a good troll.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to be able to put the PS3 OS onto the PS4 and have the ability to dual boot. Dreams///

I would absolutely love to be able to put the PS3 OS onto the PS4 and have the ability to dual boot. Dreams///

They are different architectures dude. Christ people, it would take a complete rewrite.

They are different architectures dude. Christ people, it would take a complete rewrite.

:confused:

No shit. Hence the word "Dreams" at the end. Next time have a Snickers before you stumble onto the forums ;)

He doesn't even hide the fact that these are fake videos on his "About" tab:

━━━━━━▼ Frequently Asked Questions ▼━━━━━━
Ⓠ: Are your videos fake?  Ⓐ: Yes, they are ALL FAKE
Ⓠ: Where are your real videos? Ⓐ: Those are all on my ThioJoeTech channel.
Ⓠ: Why do you make these useless videos? Ⓐ: Exactly.
Ⓠ: You're just trying to ruin people's computers! Ⓐ: No. The tutorials DON'T DO ANYTHING. If you think I'm trying to hurt people, you don't understand me at all.

He's got 50k subscribers to his real tutorial channel and 300k to his fake ones. :D

I am just tired of all these guys creating fake videos and making other guys mess up their things. I bet that many kids tried this and ruin their PS3s.

You guys who think you can do this to a SNES or watch are crazy. A prerequisite is it has to have an HDMI port.

Back