Upgrade path?

TED

Gawd
I currently have a NCCH-DL running dual LV 1.6 Xeons @3ghz +2gb of pc3200 a nvidia 6800 agp card and a vantec stealth 520w powersupply.
I am mostly happy with my system currently but I am wanting to get on the PCI-E bandwagon.
Ive been out of the loop concerning dual core or amd's new offerings.
I would like to know what would give me similar or greater performance and give me a pci-e slot or two.
I know about the one MB that supports PCI-E and dual xeons, but I dont really want to spend another 250$ on a board unless I go up a grade in processor tech.

Thanks

TED

I was in your same boat, running dual 1.6lv's @ 3.2 on a PC-DL. I lost one of my drives in my raid 0 array (I know, I know, but that's a different arguement), so I bit the bullet and just used that as an excuse to upgrade to a new computer. I went single socket, dual core - Core 2 Duo 6600, evga 680i motherboard, 8800 gtx, 2 gb corsair dominator memory, dual raptor 150's in raid0(again) and splurged for a new 30" Dell widescreen monitor. This system screams. I have it running at 3.15 and I haven't tweaked any settings, other than the fsb using stock cooling.

I thought long and hard over migrating away from dual socket, but I am very pleased with my new system.

Back